An international leading name in the provision of Security + Fire Systems are seeking an Systems Small Works Sales professional based in the North of England. (North: means Birmingham and up)
We are seeking a proven Business Development Manager with strong technical knowledge of Electronic Security Systems, CCTV / Access Control/ Intruder Alarms. Knowledge of Fire Alarm Systems would be an advantage.
The key focus of this role is to develop local relationships with existing customers, achieve sales targets and grow profitability, through the successful winning small works installation works from the existing customer base.
You will be part of a niche national team. It is key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals. This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + Bid Management team
What are they offering?
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy and individual targets whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Salary to £46K with realistic OTE £70K Yr 1 + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- An existing pipeline that needs converting and large existing customer base to approach for cross selling
- Car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Lots of career opportunities in a growing global player
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new and existing business developers who have a successful track record within the integrated fire and security market space, winning additional installation works, whilst delivering excellent support and developing customers and contacts
Whilst a number of leads will be passed to you and support given re client info and contacts, this should be regarded as a new business role and only individuals who are able to demonstrate their ability for gaining additional small works orders from an existing customer base will be considered.
- Experience of dealing with customers at all levels including C
- Strong technical proven sales ability in the security and/or fire market (multi-discipline technical ability is not necessary but preferable)
- Knowledge of market leading CCTV and access control systems
- record in negotiating contracts for installation and maintenance contracts up to £1m
- A professional and solutions-based approach to exceeding customer service requirements
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Knowledge of/experience of working with high end clients and major contractors
- Key competencies comprising selling, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellence in bid writing and support to marketing colleagues
- Conduct surveys, complete associated designs and quotations
- Facilitate and deliver demonstrations and presentations
- Work alongside installations and service to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Produce accurate monthly reports in a timely manner
- Manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources/expertise to leverage sales
- Maintain the company's customer information database and ensure that management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Work alongside the Account Management team in the development of existing client accounts and follow up in a very professional manner.
- Provide design, technical estimating and buying support for the business
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control CCTV Sales Business Development Tender Management Fire
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again