Regional London role based out of South London (minimal national travel)
Our client is one of the leading national providers of security + FM. Due to exponential growth they are looking for an experienced SHEQ/Compliance or Security Manager to ensure adherence to legal standards and in-house policies relating to all areas of Health & Safety, Environmental and Compliance for the business. The role will take responsibility for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of the business through planning, directing and coordinating activities to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £50K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- All travel (mainly London) fully expensed
- Excellent career opportunity within growing company where you will have a voice and direct interaction with senior management
What are they asking for?
You will be an experienced SHEQ/Compliance Manager or a Security professional who is well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. You will pride yourself on your professionalism and high ethical standards. You will be able to build strong working relationships but will be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be result-oriented.
You will have experience within BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO14001 and desirable BSI OHSAS 18001 standards. You may have already obtained a general NEBOSH Certificate- but if not don’t worry training and time will be given achieve this. More importantly you will be knowledgeable about the importance of Health + Safety. Your eye for detail will be enhanced by your analytical ability to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations whilst also having a commercial awareness with the ability to embrace and drive change.
As this role will involve the rewriting of processes and standards you will have the ability to redesign documents from mainly text to a more modern flow chart style.
Your main areas of responsibility will be
Compliance Management e.g.
- Determining strategic direction and work priorities for the continuous improvement of the business SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
Health + Safety Management e.g.
- Setting safety standards and ensure all Health & Safety responsibilities are carried out fully
- Lead the Company in meeting its obligations under the “Control of Major Accidents Hazards Regulations 1999”
- Develop, create and revise risk minimisation strategy in relation to H&S and Environment legislation requirements (such as 0 lost time accidents etc.).
Environmental Activities e.g.
- Ensure both legal and corporate environmental requirements are met and all environmental responsibilities are carried out fully
- Manage the relationship with the Environmental Agency and other regulatory bodies
Customer Service e.g.
- Conduct + analyse customer satisfaction survey when required