Our client is a prestigious national supplier of manned guarding and security services. Following a recent restructure, they are seeking a Security Manager for a destination client in in London at a landmark site (Contract circa £1m in value)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and control of the sites' security operation (including Front of House, Back of House, Events and control room) ensuring the end clients security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team and sites procedures ensuring the retention of the contract.
What are they offering?
- £45K salary
- Excellent career possibilities
- Chance to work with a destination client
What are they asking for?
We are seeking a security management professional who has account managed a similar sized site/contract or prestigious client.
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
In interview you will be able to demonstrate the ability to review procedures, introduce innovation and manage change. You will also be confident and can point to examples of reviewing policies with clients and the presence to step up and be the face of security for the end- client.
You will also be able to pint to examples of motivating and improving teams, working closely with multi stake holders (and being able to influence their decision making) A good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is also necessary to help manage the varying numbers required on the contract.
Any experience of short-term surges in demand due to events on site would be advantageous as would an understanding of the issues faced by buildings with a high public footfall.
Experience of the security issues facing Greater London will be advantageous as would experience of any of the following: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be greatly advantageous.
- An assistant site manager reports into this role but you must be happy to get your hands dirty- making sure the basics are being done properly.
- Day to day operational management of security officers, supervisors and receptionists, controllers and event staff
- Safeguarding of company assets to include people, buildings and information.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed by the Client including mobilisation of regular events
- Identify areas for development of the team, which can be implemented in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- Lead, manage and motivate direct reports: goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- To respond to any facilities incidents or security issues that may arise and to meet/liaise with clients/departments as required ensuring that any incidents are resolved. Ensuring ownership for each incident is clearly defined and escalated as appropriate.
Key Search Terms: Security / Manned Guarding / Operations / Site / Manager
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.