A leading name in the provision of Security (mainly Manned Guarding + Systems) in the UK are seeking an experienced (Security Industry) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business within the UK (+ Ireland) market.
You will need a security sales background and an ability to bid for and win £1m+ deals and not be phased by a £5m target. The candidate can be based anywhere but closer to London/central England the better This company will support you with resources and time to pipeline: they have a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive. (You will be based from home)
You will be part of a niche national team concentrating on strategic (high value) business opportunities. Its unlikely you will ever need to make a cold call (due to number of national enquiries)- but its key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals.
This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + Bid Management team
What are they offering?
- Salary to £77K with realistic OTE £150K + "Proper Pension" + Health benefits
- an existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car (5 series)/ 6K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
To quote the hiring manager "this is a company that looks after its people"
What are they asking for?
"A grounded commercially orientated professional"
- Sound security B2B sales experience and wide business acumen
- Ability to cost opportunities identified
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Quality presenter with ability to close
- ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- passion for chosen sectors and services: wide knowledge of trends and macro 'drivers' in industry
- overcome barriers to win business + focuses on results aiming to deliver extraordinary performance
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and responding to enquiries
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal OM sales targets are
Key Search Terms: Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.