There now exists a vacancy for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to join one of the UK's leading providers of VoIP, SIP, GSM and analogue intercom systems as well as high quality door entry systems. As Technical Sales Engineer you will be responsible for promoting and providing technical support for a portfolio of network-based door entry systems as well as providing ongoing liaison and technical support to clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, forward thinking company who research the best, intelligent door entry systems on the global market and sells them to end users (specifiers, architects, builders, designers etc.) either with or without installation services and help them progress to the next level.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £35K
- Car allowance (£500 per month)
- Bonus - worked out at £500 bonus for reaching £20k a month in sales and then 3% commission on sales over £20k.
- 40 Hours per week Mon - Fri (8am - 5pm)
What are they asking for?
Reporting to the CEO, your primary requirement as the companies Technical Sales Engineer is to be very technically competent. You will be expected to "Sell" the services offered however, this will be done through strategic marketing (with the support of the CEO and an external marketing consultant) and through being technically helpful more than being overtly promotional.
You must have a solid understanding of SiP / VoIP technologies and keep up to date with the latest innovations, possess the ability to design systems for Clients including full integration with existing technology, be able to produce clear, concise quotation documentation and occasionally take a "Hands-on" engineering approach by making up panels and advising clients of engineering requirements on site.
Responsibilities will include;
- Provide a marketing consultant with technological and industry information to produce a marketing strategy to develop awareness of the products and identify how to attract new business partners and customers.
- Network with clients and present proposals of systems to suit their needs then follow up with telephone or email contact.
- Work with marketing consultants and the administrator to produce effective marketing literature and ensure search engine optimisation is sustained through regular monitoring and maintenance.
- Provide on-going technical support as required.
- Manage client expectations and develop a lasting relationship.
- Participate in meetings with external and internal teams.
- Consistently update own technical knowledge.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Sales; Business Development; Technical; Engineer; Door Entry; Access Control;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.