One of the UK's leading providers of Total Damage Prevention products now has an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join them on a part-time basis.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £20k (pro rata)
- Hours: 09:00 - 15:00
- Ongoing Training
What are they asking for?
The warehouse operative assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment, receives and unpacks materials and supplies as required, supports Purchasing with maintaining correct inventory and helps in general maintenance and housekeeping duties for both warehouse and offices. It is therefore imperative that you possess good numeracy, IT and communication skills. As the role will be working in a warehouse the successful applicant will also need to be in possession of a valid, counterbalance and reach forklift truck licenses. A solid understanding of Health and Safety within the workplace is an absolute must as is a flexible approach to duties, tasks and working hours
Responsibilities will include;
- Review all orders to ensure all are capable of shipping when requested. All questions and problems should be directed towards the Warehouse Office Co-Ordinator or Warehouse Manager
- Maintain a clean, safe and enjoyable work place for all employees.
- Act as double checker on all orders with special attention rush and same day orders.
- Regular communication with Warehouse Office Coordinator to ensure proper in-house stock supplies.
- Maintain a clean warehouse. The warehouse is to be cleaned each day before leaving.
- Pick, pack, assemble, and prepare each order for shipment. Load transport.
- Help organise Warehouse layout in most efficient manner.
- Participate in all other functions in Distribution / Production when requested by Warehouse Manager.
- Complete cycle counts when requested and document
- Take deliveries and unload product from suppliers, check for damaged or missing items
- Make sure all orders ship to schedule.
- Close communication with Warehouse Office Coordinator, Customer Services, Purchasing, Project Management and Sales departments.
- Premises are kept clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Maintain accurate stock levels, move stock around either by hand, using lifting equipment or forklift truck
Warehouse Operative; Industrial; Forklift Truck; Distribution; Part-Time
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.