This is a field-based role. Candidate's will need to have acess to the Anglian area.
Our client is a national leading provider of cleaning and soft services. They are now looking for an experienced Operational Manager with contract cleaning experience who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of managing teams for a high-profile client to drive and encourage to produce the best results.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- Prestigious company car/car allowance
- Excellent career opportunity within a stable national leader that prides itself on the relationship between company and employee.
What are they asking for?
Proven operations management within Soft Service Facilities Management managing a portfolio of at least £2m is required as is a full driver’s licence. You have experience in the leadership of large teams, strong management skills with a high level of interest in the development of teams and individuals. Whilst managing a team of supervisors you will also be hands on in nature with an ability to make quick evidence-based decisions.
Your ability to establish strong client relationships as well as getting team buy in is key and you will be able to demonstrate how your personable nature has helped you do this in the past. A background in Soft Services is key as are strong analytical and organizational skills. At interview you will demonstrate a passion for ensuring service delivery and will be able to point to examples of how you have delivered through and with people.
You will be confident in the use of technology and curious as to how it can help you and the team in the day to day. It’s a given you will know your way around Excel, but any experience of the following would be advantageous: PowerPoint, PowerBI, Visio, MS Project, MS Teams etc. Any knowledge of the rail industry would also be advantageous.
Proven financial ability along with a disciplined method in applying and working with processes is also required. Also, advantageous would-be Sentinel Personal Track Safety knowledge, Six Sigma, and/or Prince2 or equivalent.
Responsibilities will include
- Primary point of contact for supervisors for the resolution of operational challenges
- Ensure operational management teams are compliant with company policies and procedures, thus ensuring the integrity of the data being entered into IT platforms which are used to report on contract performance.
- Management of supply chain that supports operational performance.
- Produce and manage budgets, generate a forecast and implement cost saving measures the provision of cleaning and soft services to clients’ multi-sites: daily and periodic delivered using a mixture of static and mobile operatives working seven days a week.