Our client is a prestigious national supplier of manned guarding and security services. Following a recent contract win they are seeking a Security Manager for a destination client across 4 sites in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and control of the sites' security operation (including Front of House, Back of House, side-gate, loading bay and control room)ensuring the end clients security requirements are met and fulfilled to a high standard and the management of the Security Team and sites procedures ensuring the retention of the contract.
What are they asking for?
We are seeking a security management professional who has account managed a London iconic site or prestigious client. (any banking clients will be particularly relevant)
You will have a 5-year checkable work / education history (the more straightforward this is the better) and will be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach.
A thorough understanding of the security issues facing The City of London and Greater London will be essential and experience of any of the following will be desirable: Evacuations, Hostile Reconnaissance, Lock Downs.
Any existing networks within the local services will also be greatly advantageous.
A background in the police or military is advantageous but not necessary.
In interview you will be able to demonstrate the ability to review procedures, introduce innovation and manage change. You will also be confident and can point to examples of reviewing policies with clients and the presence to step up and be the face of security for the end- client.
CPP, Security Institute, ASIS along with any Security qualifications will be useful although there is a potential to get sponsorship to achieve this whilst in the role.
What are they offering?
- £55K salary
- Excellent career possibilities
- Chance to work with a destination client
Responsibilities will include:
- an ops manager reports into this role but you must be happy to get your hands dirty- making sure the basics are being done properly.
- day to day operational management of security officers, supervisors and receptionists
- Safeguarding of company assets to include people, buildings and information.
- Implementation of security policies.
- Undertake security threat & risk assessments.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as directed by the Client
- Identify areas for personal development of the team, which can be implemented in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports: goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, coaching and development planning, and monitor attendance / timekeeping.
- To respond to any facilities incidents or security issues that may arise and to meet/liaise with clients/departments as required ensuring that any incidents are resolved. Ensuring ownership for each incident is clearly defined and escalated as appropriate.