Home based (Head Office in Swindon if you want to work from office).
If you have experience as a bid manager/tender manager/proposal manager or Head of Bids: please read on.
Our client, a leading FM provider, is looking for a Head of Bid Management to join their busy team. This position leads a team of 2-3 bid managers whilst managing some outsourced functions and is responsible for overseeing the national pipeline, weekly tracking and reporting on pipeline activity, and serving as a key liaison with sales leadership. This position calls for a passionate, collaborative professional with a positive outlook, excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Senior Team and will have full responsibility for the Bid strategy and function from Opportunity identification through to solution presentation.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £100K + Pension + Personal medical cover
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
- Flexi working from home + great career prospects
- Supportive and experience senior team
What are they asking for?
You will be a proven bid manager /tender manager/proposal manager or Head of Bids
It’s a given you are an experienced bid professional. You might already be a Head of Bids looking for a bigger opportunity or potentially a senior bid writer or bid manager looking for that step up.
You will be a natural multitasker whilst creating high-end results + demonstrate in interview the experience (or the potential) to manage a small team of creative bid writers and designers. You will be proud of your stable career history along with your excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and effectively.
Detail-oriented is a must along with strong organisational skills and effective time management and of course the obligatory proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (and an exposure to Adobe).
Any experience of Government and local authority bids or exposure to the FM and Security Management sectors would be advantageous.
- Manage a team of bid managers; assign projects, provide oversight and quality control for all deliverables, and manage skill development of all team members
- Strategically manage the active pipeline and delegate new business pursuits effectively to
- Partner with team and leadership to ensure career planning and career growth opportunities exist to enable team member specific growth plans
- Ensure the clarity, compliance, and integrity of all proposal documents; this role serves as a key liaison coordinating all internal work streams to finalise proposal responses including tracking and reviewing all proposal content with cross-functional business teams
- Oversee entire proposal and presentation development process ensuring that every member of the pursuit team, including sales leads, operational subject matter experts, pricing, solution team members, and graphic designers know what is expected and when tasks are due
- Develop strategic messaging, win themes, strategies and creative design approaches
- Identify all graphic design needs and engage appropriate design resources
- Attend in-person prep sessions as needed/requested by sales leads and pursuit teams
- Introduce process improvements and best practices related to business development and bid management; champion efforts to ensure all deliverables are aligned with the firm’s brand
Key Search Terms: Bid Manager Head of Bid Proposals Manager Head of Proposals
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again