A leading supplier of facilities management services across the public and private sector is now looking for an experienced Bid professional who can prove a desire to develop a career within Bid Management.
Your primary objective will be supporting the sales teams aiding in the completion and submission of; Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Tender Responses and Presentations. You will co-ordinate the bid completion process and quality check all outgoing sales material to ensure the correct nomenclature and grammar is used.
The bid team is critical to delivering the on-going success of the company and the Bid Executive will achieve a high profile in the business and with it the potential to move into more senior bid management positions or other management roles across the rest of the company.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary in the region up to £38 000 is on offer.
- Growing ambitious company/group: creating numerous career opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including private health care, life assurance and pension
- Support from an experienced Bids and Sales team
- Modern Open Plan Head Office environment: A company that invests in its people
What are they asking for?
- Commercial Awareness, Problem Solving, Sound judgement, Persuasiveness
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Experience in a professional services environment.
- A proven track record of working within a bid team with ability to construct cogent arguments from existing texts.
It would be advantageous if you had experience in any of the following as the role is expected to develop into a more involved bid writing role depending on the successful candidate's capabilities:
- Techniques and methods of tender writing to tailor tenders to specific client needs and expectations.
- Knowledge of OJEU Procurement procedures and use of eTendering and eProcurement systems
- ability to write responses for PQQ's and tenders and research/ produce relevant information
- Familiarity with the use of on-line tendering portals
- Awareness of Standard Form Contracts/Experience of Framework arrangements.
Other Responsibilities will include;
- Liaise with others within the business; predominantly department heads to gather information, ensuring responses are received in line with strict deadlines.
- take existing text and accurately and professionally construct customer responses.
- Writing new text to support answers to customer questions
- Researching + producing supporting information such as case studies, CV's and new working policies for individual tenders. Incorporate themes, relevant research and data into proposals.
- Maintain bid library and identify new suitable materials required.
Keywords: Bid Writing Security ITT RFI RFP OJEU Tenders Pre-qualifications Presentations
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.