If you have experience as a bid writer/ bid manager/tender manager/proposal manager: please read on.
Our client, a 5 star supplier of construction + decorating services, is looking for a Bid Manager to join their busy (remote) bid team. This position calls for a passionate, collaborative professional with a positive outlook, excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
You do not need industry knowledge (however any construction/property industry experience would be useful--more important is the ability to manage the bid process whilst writing compelling content. This is a company that are heavily investing in its bids and tenders function and are developing a team that are delivering state of the art bid solutions in a fun and driven environment.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £65K
- 25 days holiday
- An opportunity to be master of your destiny- with input on bid strategy and development
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
The ideal candidate for this position will contribute by bringing tender structure and organisation and will enjoy working alongside a friendly and supportive team of professionals. They will gain satisfaction from writing in a clear, creative and articulate manner and will promote co-operation within the team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and accurate in their approach to work, paying great attention to detail whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
You will have previous experience of managing tenders from cradle to the deal along with strong communication skills- this role could involve client meetings and site visits.
This role can work if remote so applications from anywhere in the UK will be considered but the ability to travel to head office in Kent at least at once a month will be necessary. The company can accommodate 5 days a week in office or any hybrid model in between.
- Ensure the effective delivery of all bids (ranging in value from £100K to multi million)
- Attend key customer meetings and industry events
- Preparing and reviewing all commercial aspects of the bids
- Form relationships with customers to develop a clear understanding of their requirements
- Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure orders
- Pre-bid research + capture planning + manage production of pre-qualification documentation.
- Ensure consistency of approach across multi-function team
- Matrix Management of internal resources
- Project manage the day to day bid effort, including governance, solution development and bid production, ensuring adherence to customer schedule and target costs.
- Manage bid approvals in line with Group's corporate governance policies
- Challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors.
- Run debriefs following to discuss learning points and implement agreed actions.
Key Search Terms: Bid Tender Management Proposals RFI PQQ Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.