Defence + Aerospace division within a global provider of Engineering, Design and Project Management, is looking for a Bid Professional to join their Bid + Business Development team to take ownership of bid plans under their remit and assume responsibility for producing a compelling proposal, on time and within an agreed bid budget.
This is a bid project management role as opposed to a writing role: you will be an “internal ringmaster” bring all the components of a successful bid together within timescale.
Home + office based: up to 4 days working from home (if required) 1 in Bristol office
What are they offering?
- Salary to £51K + Pension + Health benefits
- 25 days holiday + Flexi working from home
- great career prospects and opportunity into this sector
What are they asking for?
You will be a bid professional with experience of delivering bids, from early inception and client information capture, through PQQ and ITT stage, client interviews, feedback and lessons learnt. We’re looking for that combination of skills and experience that make a good bid manager. We need the planner & project manager, communicator, analyst, and completer finisher with an eye for detail.
You will be a proactive professional who can ‘think outside the box’. Being creative and diverse will give your bids a competitive edge. You will be proud of your stable career history along with your excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and effectively.
Experience of structured bid processes, for example the Shipley bid process, would be advantageous as would exposure to an engineering environment (but these are nice to haves)
- Identifying the resources required to undertake bid preparation and delivery activities; highlighting any resource, skill or capability gaps.
- Defining and agreeing a bid budget and schedule baseline (with the Bid Director) and controlling the bid budget and schedule against these agreed baselines.
- Planning, organising and scheduling activities in accordance with bid best practice, including the scheduling of applicable review activities and the allocation of appropriately qualified reviewers.
- Ensuring all necessary information, guidelines and supporting documentation is available to successfully undertake commercial and quality review activities.
- Ensuring all necessary information and documentation is available to successfully undertake Service Delivery Process Stage Gate Reviews and gaining the requisite approvals.
- design and development of the content plan such that the bid response document is in full compliance with the customer's stated requirements
- The scope, quality and timeliness of input received from bid authors and contributors.
- Work with the Bid Director in establishing and testing the win strategy, including co-ordinating and supporting any required customer relationship and stakeholder management campaign activities.
- Scheduling and co-ordinating activities necessary to identify customer issues, hot buttons and the associated win themes and win strategy statements.
Key Search Terms: Bid Manager Proposals Manager Shipley
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again
- Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- Can you point to a successful career in Bid Management including working on £1m+ opportunities?
- growing business- massive opportunities + career opportunities
- supportive and strong management team.