A national leading name in the provision of Security Systems and Services are seeking a London/Home Counties based experienced sales professional to take on the role of Business Development Manager and proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business within the local construction market.
This is a field sales role selling a range of services and the hire of a high-quality manufactured range of portable security systems used on construction and infrastructure sites. These include temporary CCTV + detection systems, , security towers, perimeter installation, access control and workforce management, integrated fire and security systems, key holding, manned guarding, rapid response and post construction security solutions.
The role would suit somebody who has sold into the construction industry previously (plant, recruitment etc) and or a security sales professional with experience of selling any of the above services/products.
What are they offering?
Basic Salary £35,000 - £40,000 + Uncapped Commission £60k - £100K, Company Car or £4800 Car Allowance, Mobile Phone, Laptop, Training & Development Provided.
What are they asking for?
- We seek applications from experienced new business development managers who have a successful track record within the construction or Security Services/Systems market space:
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion: new business and established customers
- Advantageous would be experience of working with high end clients and major contractors
- Advantageous: experience selling the hire of security / protection products such as: edge protection systems, fencing and barriers, security systems, temporary lighting, plant, generators, portacabins, access equipment, scaffolding, toilets, work platforms, modular buildings, CCTV systems
- Comfortable with working autonomously and managing your own territory
- Highly motivated, bright and energetic personality
- The Business Development Manager Selling directly to local and large end users within the construction, power, utilities, rail and transport market sectors such as: Balfour Beatty, Network Rail, United Utilities, Scottish Power along with selling via main contractors, sub-contractors, site managers on site
- Dealing with typical order values of around £10k plus per rental term
- Majority of your time will be spent generating new business relationships
- Remaining time will be spent managing and expanding existing accounts
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.