2545 Business Development Manager: Access Control Home Based: Southern patch
An international leading name in the manufacture of Security Systems inc. market leading Access Control systems are seeking a Southern (S of Birmingham) based experienced sales professional to convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business. You will report to a Sales Director and be part of a national and close-knit Business Development team.
LOCATION: Home Based – you will work across the “south of Birmingham” patch
You will be mixing digital meetings with physical travel + could be based in Birmingham, Bristol, Oxford, London, Cambridge, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Southampton, Northampton etc
Their major USP is that they offer high end quality product and you will be able to sell into Installers, Specifiers and End Users. The strategy will be to lead with Access Control and Readers but also sell other offerings such as Key Management Solutions, Vehicle Identification and Tagging. (RFID)
You will have experience in providing and selling access control solutions and any specification experience would be useful.
What are they offering?
The successful Business Development Manager will be expected to exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Supportive senior team with realistic expectations
- Salary to £55K with realistic OTE £70K (in year 1) + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- an existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- The position will be supported, by a team of pre-sales and technical engineers
- Lead + enquiry generation service provided by team
- Existing and Lapsed client list to immediately start developing
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a successful track record within the security systems related market space with a specific emphasis on Access Control
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion: new business and established customers
- A consultative style- fitting the right solution to the client’s needs
- You will be comfortable selling in their sweet spot range of £50K + solutions deals
- Experienced selling into System Integrators and Security Installers with a good understanding of technologically advanced products
- You know how to sell on features and benefits rather than price
- Tenacious approach, under-pinned with integrity
- High motivated, bright and energetic personality
- provide full support in all areas of sales, inc customer relationship management of existing customers as well as identifying and acquiring new customers within specific market sectors.
- Majority of your time will be spent generating new business relationships
- Remaining time will be spent managing and expanding existing accounts
- Attend several industry events and conferences
- Working with specification such as M&E, Consultants and Architects presenting CPD’s
Key Search Terms: Construction Security Systems Access Control Sales Business Development.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management s sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again