AC 2516 Business Development Manager Data Centres
National opportunity seeking applications from candidates across UK: knowledge of selling into the Data Centre sector is a must whilst knowledge of security and fire systems an advantage.
An international leading name in the provision of Security + Fire Systems are seeking an experienced sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business within the national Data Centre sector.You will have sold into this marketplace but not necessarily security or fire systems
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a demonstrably successful track record within the data entre space winning contracts in this challenging environment, whilst delivering excellent account management/support and developing existing customers and contacts.
You will be confident in your ability to win six figure deals contributing to an individual target of £1m annually. (which in return will attract a six figure package) You will be part of a niche national team concentrating on this market. It is key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals.
This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + bid management team
What are they offering?
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy and individual targets whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Salary to £75K with realistic OTE £100K Yr 1 + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- existing pipeline that needs converting and relevant existing client base
- Car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true supportive meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Lots of career opportunities in a growing global player
- Support of a dedicated design team who are capable of developing solutions
What are they asking for?
- Experience of Data Centres with a knowledge and understanding of this market place
- Background within the Fire & Security market would be advantageous
- Strong proven sales ability
- Knowledge of/experience of working with high end clients and Major contractors
- Energy + focus on results, coupled with imagination + flair to develop compelling propositions
- Expert in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Knowledge of/experience of working with high end clients
- Ability (perhaps proven) to win substantial amounts of business
- Proactively manage relationships and drive business growth
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within target markets and client organisations so company image is enhanced and growth is realized
- Achieve sales/order intake targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan
- Identify, qualify and win new Projects opportunities
- Proactively manage relationships and drive business growth from targeted market segments with customers who are serious about the security of their business
- Conduct surveys and assist with associated designs and quotations
- Facilitate and deliver demonstrations to prospective clients and existing customers
- Identify and progress pre-qualification requirements
- Manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources/expertise to leverage sales
- Maintain the company's customer information database (Salesforce) and ensure that management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Negotiate commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
- Work with bid and design teams in development of proposals, system designs & quotations and assist with preparation of quotations and tenders for new and existing customers
- Provide design, technical estimating and buying support for the business
- Work alongside installations and service departments to ensure project delivery
- Track record in negotiating major contracts for installation projects
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control CCTV Sales Business Development Management Fire Data Centre Center
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to Alan Corcoran feel free to contact directly rather than applying again