An international leading name in the provision of Security + Fire Systems are seeking an experienced (Security or Fire Systems Industry) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new strategic business within your patch (North: which means Birmingham and up)
We are seeking a proven Business Development Manager with strong technical knowledge of Electronic Security Systems, CCTV / Access Control/ Intruder Alarms or Fire Alarm Systems who is capable of closing 20K to 75K systems deals contributing to an individual target of £500K annually.
You will be part of a niche national team concentrating on strategic (high value) business opportunities. It is key that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals.
The key focus of this role is to develop key strategic relationships, achieve sales targets and grow the business through the successful winning of new business with End User Corporate and Public Sector Customers. This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + Bid Management team
What are they offering?
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy and individual targets whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Salary to £45K with realistic OTE £70K Yr 1 + "Proper Pension" + Health benefits
- An existing pipeline that needs converting and large existing customer base to approach for cross selling
- Car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Lots of career opportunities in a growing global player
To quote the hiring manager "this is a company that looks after its people"
What are they asking for?
We seek applications from experienced new and existing business developers who have a successful track record within the high end security or fire systems market space and developing existing customers and contacts.
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Knowledge of/experience of working with high end clients and Major contractors
- Any knowledge of the following sectors would be extremely advantageous: CNI, Public Sector, Logistics, Banking, Transport, IT + Pharmaceuticals
- Ability (perhaps proven) to win substantial amounts of business
"a grounded commercially orientated professional"
- Achieve sales/order intake targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan
- Identify, qualify and win new Projects opportunities
- Proactively manage relationships and drive business growth from targeted market segments with customers who are serious about the security of their business
- Conduct surveys and assist with associated designs and quotations
- Facilitate and deliver demonstrations to prospective clients and existing customers
- Identify and progress pre-qualification requirements
- Manage internal relationships and leverage internal resources/expertise to leverage sales
- Maintain the company's customer information database (Salesforce) and ensure that management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Negotiate commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
- Work alongside the bid and design teams in the development of proposals, system designs & quotations and assist with preparation of quotations and tenders for new and existing customers and following up in a very professional manner.
- Provide design, technical estimating and buying support for the business
- Work alongside installations and service departments to ensure project delivery
- Track record in negotiating major contracts for installation projects
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control CCTV Sales Business Development Tender Management Fire
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again