Ref: 2248 AC B Business Development Manager Location: M4/M5 corridor
Sales background needed but industry experience not required. Our client is a multi-million, multi-national group that owns one of the most prestigious names in Manned Guarding in the UK. Due to growth and a multitude of sales opportunities they are seeking an experienced (service sector) sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and then identify, develop and secure new business across the M4/M5 corridor.
You do not need a manned guarding background but a strong history of B2B sales within a related service-based industry, security related or security systems is a must. You will live along the M4 corridor (e.g. Reading, Swindon, Bath, Bristol. This company will support you with resources + time to build that pipeline: with a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive.
You will report to the Sales Director and be part of a national team of Business Development Managers. A full detailed and structured program is on offer.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45K depending on experience: OTE £75K
- an existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car/ 5K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
- service knowledge or security related sales experience sector e.g. manned guarding, security, cleaning Facilities Management, Cleaning, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services, Recruitment, Vacant/Void Property (and wide business acumen)
- Ability to cost opportunities identified Quality presenter ability to close
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Ability to quickly develop rapport but can overcome barriers to win business
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and cold calling to identified clients
- Consultative selling of range of services: mainly static manned guarding but to include patrol + response along with security systems.
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead and/or support in the negotiation or re-negotiation of all sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal OM sales targets are
Key Search Terms:
Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management Facilities Mobile Response, cleaning Facilities Management, Cleaning, Outsourced Services, Reception, Concierge services, Recruitment, Vacant/Void Property