Home Based: with monthly Head Office visits and selling to a national patch
If you are a business development manager or sales professional with experience of selling security systems (CCTV, Access Control, Intruder) or Loss prevention services or EAS/tagging to the retail sector please read on
An international leading name in the installation of Security Systems are seeking a sales professional to convert immediate opportunities and identify, develop + secure new strategic business within the retail vertical market. You will report to a Managing Director and be part of a national + close-knit Business Development team.
You will be mixing digital meetings with physical travel + could be based in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, London, Cambridge, North, Milton Keynes, Southampton, Northampton …
These guys are system neutral so you can sell what the client needs.
What are they offering?
The successful Business Development Manager will be expected to exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car and benefits
- Supportive senior team with realistic expectations- £500K Yr1, £1m Yr2
- Salary to £65K with realistic OTE £80K (in year 1) + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- an existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car or allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- The position will be supported, by a team of pre-sales and technical engineers
- Lead + enquiry generation service provided by team
- Existing and Lapsed + identified client list to immediately start developing
What are they asking for?
You will be an experience security / loss prevention business development /sales professional with a track record selling into retail- any of the following CCTV, Access Control, Intruder, Loss Prevention, Tagging, EAS. This will mean a history of pipeline development and conversion of new and established customers
In interview you will be able to demonstrate a consultative style with an ability to fit the right solution to a client’s needs. Therefore, you will know how to sell on features and benefits rather than price. It’s a given you are highly motivated + tenacious in approach but this is under-pinned with
You will know the key requirements, drivers and motivators of clients in the retail sector and have the personality and tenacity to use your network and business knowledge to take this brand to market.
- provide full support in all areas of sales, inc customer relationship management of existing customers as well as identifying and acquiring new customers within specific market sectors.
- Majority of your time will be spent generating new business relationships
- Remaining time will be spent managing and expanding existing accounts
- Attend several industry events and conferences
- Working with specification such as M&E, Consultants and Architects presenting CPD’s
Key Search Terms: Security Systems Access Control Sales Business Development.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management s sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again