Our client is a market leader in the provision of empty property management services and products: cleaning, security and facilities management to clients nationally across the public and private sectors. They are seeking a Business Development Manager to drive sales by the identification and execution of new business opportunities. You will be engaging with lapsed clients or new.
The BDM will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
This is a field based role where you will be working with the support of a close -knit team. Your predecessor has just been promoted to an Account Management role so will be on hand for a structured handover a general point in the right direction.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £35K plus annual bonus OTE £50K year 1 (+ car allowance)
- Competitive holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays included
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare + Realistic and extensive career opportunities
What are they asking for?
You will be a highly motivated and ambitious sales professional with a solid career history within a B2B (provision of services) environment. You will be a credible communicator with clients and internal teams (at all levels) with a strong commercial acumen and the ability to quickly understand the services used in void property management. You will not be afraid to talk about numbers and acievements and your seccess will be based upon your intuition and ability to quickly understand customers needs. This will be backed up with networking, negotiating and closing ability. This is all backed up with a structured consistent style and a commercial acumen that allows you to quickly understand the market and main targets.
Evidence of specialist knowledge/expertise in the following would be advantageous
property management sector with the knowledge of delivering day to day services, security, facilities management, document management, property protection, hygiene services + supplies
An understanding of selling to the social sector including Housing Associations would be beneficial
- Present, promote and sell services using solid arguments and professional sales presentations to new or lapsed customers, focusing on all opportunities within public and private sector
- Reach potential customers utilizing Marketing-sourced and self-sourced leads
- Achieve or exceed all agreed-upon sales objectives and outcomes
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of potential customers to meet their needs
- Create high quality written documents to articulate and support relevant business cases
- Strategically plan and develop a pipeline of new business opportunities for the assigned territory,
- Proactively identify and attend local/regional industry events (such as association functions and conferences), providing market intelligence on industry trends to Marketing and management
- Engage with Marketing and regional/national management on market trends to support the development of differentiators, new products, services, partners and distribution channels
Key Search Terms: Sales Account Management Security Property B2B Property Public Sector Housing Associations Facilities Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the FM + Property Markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy