2515 CONTRACTS MANAGER MANNED GUARDING NW
An established National Manned Guarding group are looking for a Contracts Manager to help manage a portfolio in the North West. (circa £2m portfolio) A growing co that is developing their management team on the back of substantial wins and investment.Great opportunity for existing Contracts Manager seeking an opportunity with a growing company or a Site Manager/Supervisor looking for the next stage in their career.
You will live within an hours commute of the area between Stoke, Manchester + Liverpool.
Your main priority is the welfare of officers and operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Ops Director you will assist in running contracts (mainly retail) and helping to grow the portfolio. You will drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to Local and National customers; improving efficiency and expanding the portfolio.
To contribute to the effectiveness of the Area team through responsibilities and participation in initiatives that supports the development of the business in the UK.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £35K + company car / £5K car allowance
- Career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will come from a manned guarding management background (including site management or supervision)
It's a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). You will pride yourself on your professionalism and customer focus. This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts/Site Manager/Supervisor or Loss Prevention Specialist to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
You will have a hands-on style and will take personal responsibility to ensure every shift is covered and every blow-out is filled. Therefore, you will be a team player and you will not afraid to manage information up to help improve processes and efficiencies.
Ideally you will have worked your way up from officer level to a management role. (ex forces/police background is advantageous)
To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions
To build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- Manage a portfolio of circa £3m across circa 30 sites (retail with some corporate)
- Managing + recruiting inc. discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc. and supporting site
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Loss Prevention Retail
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.