An established and growing National Manned Guarding and Protective Services group are looking for a Contracts /Area Manager to help manage a portfolio in Kent based out of Sevenoaks. These guys are a supportive bunch who are developing their area management team on the back of some substantial wins and subsequent investment.
Working from a local base, your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Operations Director you will assist in running contracts Mainly retail) and helping to grow the portfolio. You will help drive profitable growth through development and leadership of an effective team that operates through delivery of excellent service to existing Local and National customers; improving operating efficiency and; expanding the portfolio.
To contribute to the effectiveness of the Area team through responsibilities and participation in initiatives that supports the development of the business in the UK.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £32K + company car / £5K car allowance
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will come from a manned guarding management background (including site management or supervision) or you will have worked client side in a loss prevention capacity/risk compliance role.
Its most important that you understand security issues from a service provider or retail client perspective It’s a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers).
You will pride yourself on your professionalism and customer focus. This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts/Site Manager/Supervisor or Loss Prevention Specialist to work with a great employer and clients and to get onto a defined career path.
To deliver results that meet or exceed the Business Plan; Budget and Forecasts through full responsibility and accountability for the P&L and effective use of team and support functions
To build, develop, lead and retain a team of Support Staff and Officers
- manage a portfolio of circa £3m across circa 20 sites (retail)
- Managing + recruiting inc. discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc. and supporting site
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management including completion of site, welfare visits
- Growing portfolio via organic growth and working with Sales Team on relevant opportunities
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc.
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard Loss Prevention Retail
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.