A growing National Manned Guarding are looking for a Contracts Support Manager to help manage a portfolio stretching across London + South East. These guys are in the top 5% ACS. Working from a local base (Canary Wharf / Aldershot) your main priority is the welfare of officers and commercial / operational viability of contracts. Reporting to the Operations Director you will assist in running contracts.
This is a new role created on the back of exponential growth. There will initially be a number of projects manage e.g the review and rewriting of assignment instructions whilst developing relationships with teams: with a view to building relationships with clients to a full Contracts Manager type of role.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £36K with use of a pool car
- career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Support from hands-on manager + stable environment (no constant restructures here)
- Excellent scheduling team and HR team
What are they asking for?
You will be a fully licensed security (manned guarding) professional with operations management experience. It’s a given that you will be personable and credible in dealings with team (officers). Whilst your initial focus will be mainly on supporting the contracts you will also need the confidence and commercial acumen to regularly interact with clients as this quickly develops into a client facing role.
You will need a drivers licence and live within an hour of Canary Wharf or Aldershot
This is a great opportunity for an existing Manned Guarding Contracts Manager or great chance for a site manager/supervisor/scheduler or duty support manager to step up into a contracts manager type role.
- manage a portfolio of circa £3m across circa 20 sites mainly in the London/Reading/Aldershot area including: Managing Agents, Industrial Parks, Corporate, Educational and Defence clients.
- Managing + recruiting inc.: discipline, absenteeism, appraisals etc, supporting site managers.
- Site administration to include compliance with the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme
- Regular visits to sites under management inc: completion of site, welfare visits
- Ensuring that all personnel are properly attired
- Assignment instructions + ensuring risk assessments carried out (training will be given)
- Providing senior management with statistics e.g. total hours worked, labour cost etc
- Client + eventual P+L management
Key Search Terms: Contracts Operations Manager Manned Guarding SIA Guard
Please only apply if you have ops management/supervisory experience within manned guarding
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.