Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with one of London & the South East's most respected security companies, specialising in manned guarding, keyholding, alarm response, concierge and front of house, control room and CCTV, mail room, dog handling, events and personal security to assist them in their search for a Control Room Supervisor / Scheduler.
What are they offering?
- Up to £12 per hour
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
- Immediate start
What are they asking for?
Previous experience of using computer-based scheduling software (Timegate) is essential.
It is imperative that you have experience of scheduling / rostering
It is a given that you hold a valid CCTV Licence (PSS Licence) & have a sound understanding & knowledge of security techniques as well as the ability to use computer systems in operation within the Control Room. A solid understanding of CCTV systemswould be useful as is an excellent telephone manner along with the ability to think independently whilst under pressure.
Experience of working with various alarm systems along with an understanding of how they work would certainly be advantageous.
You will be capable of communicating diplomatically & sometimes discreetly on operational matters with all team members & other personnel involved in security matters & possess the ability to liaise confidently at all levels from employees to company directors.
Responsibilities will include;
- Report to Operations Manager regarding -
- Security policy and the provision of an effective security service.
- Day-to-day employment, welfare and disciplinary matters.
- Planning and organizing daily/shift routines and activities.
- Maintains a safe operating environment with full regard to Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Identify and organize training events.
- Acting as a point of contact between Control Room officers and management, on employment, welfare and disciplinary issues.
- To remain alert at all times in the maintenance of the Control Rooms integrity and in the protection of its assets.
- Ensures Control Room is maintained in a state of continual operational readiness.
- Ensure that visitors and contractors to the Control Room -
- Are checked in and issued with an appropriate access pass.
- Are not allowed to enter the Control Room unannounced.
- Are aware of what actions to take in the event of an emergency.
- Provide telephone support service during and out-with normal working hours.
- Operate public address, personal call and two-way radio systems as required.
- Contact police if deemed necessary.
- Contact the Operations Director if necessary.
- Keep Control Room and personal appearance up to the established service.
- Carry out additional duties as required during emergencies.
- Operating computer in relation to security documents, mail etc.
- Operating and monitoring CCTV.
- Monitoring of various alarm systems and carrying our appropriate procedures.
Control Room; Supervisor; CCTV; Access Control; Timegate;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.