We have teamed up with a leading national provider of comprehensive security and investigation services to assist them in their search for an Employee Relations Specialist. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking business dedicated to bringing change and enhancement to the contract guarding sector.
The successful candidate will line manage 2 HR Advisors and your team will be responsible for Employee Relations activities supporting line management across sites in London in all things ER
You will Ensuring there is a clear ER strategy and escalation process for each site, providing ER coaching to operational managers. You will need to be proactive in your approach, able to manage complex matters and have a commercial awareness when making decisions.
What are they offering?
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days annual leave (excl Bank Holidays)
- Monday - Friday 0830 - 1700
- Great career line to HR Management
What are they asking for?
You will have previous experience in an Employee Relations role within a high volume (of staff) environment. Typical sectors you may have worked in will be security, facilities management, catering, cleaning or the temporary workers market.
You will know how to write up the outcome of a grievance or write a detailed report of an ER investigation. This could be a step up for HR Assistant or the opportunity for a more specialised role for a HR Generalist or HR Business Partner HR Manager : but you must enjoy working in a fast-paced and hands on environment.
Of course, you will be an excellent communicator with a calm and considered approach, self-motivated with a desire to be the best. The ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure and interact well within a Management team is essential and ideally you will be CIPD qualified, working toward CIPD or able to start studying towards this within the 1st year of employment, as the company if willing to support you in obtaining your CIPD qualification to level 5.
At interview you will be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of what is happening in the ER/ET & TU areas as well as a Coaching mindset with problem solving skills
- Responsible for management of all ER activities, providing knowledgeable advice to line managers during ER decision making activities
- Identify and implement improvements in employee relations matters
- Ensure that the needs of the business are being met in terms of day to day case management and being risk adverse during such proceedings
- Will assist and support mobilisations such as TUPE transfers
- Support HR Director & Manager on any Employment Tribunal cases
- Manage investigations and complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, short and long-term sick, appeals, restructure/redundancies, absence management, TUPE, performance management
Employee Relations, Human Resource Manager; HR; Manned Guarding; CIPD; HR Assistant;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.