Our client, a market leader in the provision of security and maintenance services to empty properties. (mainly via an innovative solution of protection by occupation: Property Guardians) are seeking an experienced Finance Director (Director of Finance) to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive forward the company's financial strategy and planning.
As Finance Director, you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments and adhere to the budgets for each business department. It is a given that you are a reliable professional with a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. A strategic thinker and effective leader, you will naturally make the most profitable decisions. The goal is to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
What are they offering?
- £40 - 48K (DOE)
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm
- Entrepreneurial, supportive + fun environment: open plan offices
- Pension, laptop, mobile, 20 days holiday + 8 Statutory days
- Free Parking
What are they asking for?
Educated to a high standard - ideally holding a degree or professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with evidence of CPD, you will have proven experience of leading the financial management team in a large and complex organisation.
You will be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational level. Exceptional communication skills at all levels are a given as are strong IT skills and the desire to stay ahead of new technologies.
As Finance Director you must also possess the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making whilst remaining energetic, highly motivated, possess an enquiring mind and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Responsibilities will include;
- Will provide the financial management, control and reporting of the company.
- To lead the finance/payroll teams and work closely with senior staff to ensure financial strategies are achieved.
- To lead the financial controls & reporting division through a period of strategic change.
- To control all financial tasks and ensure capital and resources are used beneficially while maintaining the financial health of the business.
- Lead and take ownership of the financial management of the business, delivering business strategic goals and initiatives.
- Identify areas to maximise profitability during a period of high growth.
- Drive the delivery of monthly reporting, both management and statutory accounts.
- Identify and lead change initiatives within finance and encourage continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage the Finance team, coaching and developing individuals to deliver best results.
- Management and oversight of the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as, payroll, invoicing, bookkeeping & P&L reporting.
- Ownership of working capital management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports including forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement and seek out any methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Present financial reports to board members and stakeholders, and regularly provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in decision making.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Finance Director; Accounting: Director of Finance; ACCA; CIMA; ACA
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.