We are pleased to be partnering with our security and facilities management client with their search for a Front of House Security Manager as part of a continuing development of service to a prestigious site in London. (Southwark)
The basis of this role is to establish and maintain a front of house team that is truly exceptional and leaves all visitors to the building in no doubt to the quality of welcome that they receive and the excellent customer service offered. In short, all visitors should feel that using the building is a (positive) experience.
What are they offering?
- £13.50 per hour (50 hour week Monday - Friday 0800-1800) + overtime
- a true meritocracy with a defined career path
- supportive senior management team
- exposure to working in a recognisable building in the city
- supportive environment, 25 days holiday, and 9-5 where possible!!!!!
- potential to work toward site manager level
What are they looking for?
- You will be a personable and credible communicator who prides themselves on appearance and professionalism. A background in security operations would be desirable but not absolutely necessary as all training and licensing can be given: more important is the ability to develop and improve the front of house experience. (hospitality, service sector would be considered)
- An understanding of the importance of process and following operating procedures will be key to your success in the role as well as an ability to interact with technology such as access control and other security systems.
- responsible for all aspects of the front of house security team.
- managing teams appearance, motivation, job performance, appraisals, coaching, ongoing improvement, disciplinary issues and recruitment.
- responsible for their rosters and work patterns and this will include daily covering of additional breaks such as lunch.
- deputise for the Security Manager at certain times such as holiday cover and sickness cover
- Assisting with the management of the access control system, especially the managing of building passes and any other areas of security management when necessary.
- Communication Controller in the event of a major incident within the building and, in the absence of the Security Manager: the Incident Controller.
- Participation in building steering groups and committees and other representation roles for the client, building owner and Security service provider.......