A leading FM provider are seeking a Group Sales and Marketing Director who will have direct experience of selling Security (or related) /Cleaning/ Facilties Management (Soft or M+E) to lead a newly restructured Sales/Marketing and Bid team. To succeed in this role the individual will be able to effectively operate in a broad range of environments. Experience to date will include: 1) track record managing and delivering B2B service sales growth, 2) working with an integrated national operating structure within the facilities (related) sector. You will carry a sales target and lead from the front in opening up new relationships.
Managing a team of Sales, Marketing and Bid professionals you will not be phased by ambitious growth plans. We are seeking to engage with a senior leader who can truly design, manage and deliver a growth plan.
- Provide a clear leadership for all business development and marketing activities within the business.
- Recruitment Retention and merging teams ( potential future acquisitions)
- Allow for the implementation and performance management of clear sales processes that will drive forward consistent and professional behaviours around delivering a relationship-based client-led sales strategy: developing focus to ensure the business remains ahead of client tender cycles and creat agreement on ‘what a good client looks like’ and what activities needed prior to any formal tender processes commencing.
What are they asking for?
- A well-rounded commercial awareness, including experience of managing a budget
- Bid / tendering experience in converting large scale national high value tenders
- flexibility in leadership and management style, which is required in a business of this scale (£60m-£100m) along with an agile and flexible work ethic
- Experience of managing and developing an improving business development environment
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, with the ability to spot and seize opportunities
- Relevant examples of conceiving and delivering successful new product / service introductions
- Delivered, or had significant input into, a company’s marketing and directional plan
- consultative selling and negotiation skills, with proven track record of presenting for new business
- Ability to host and attend relationship driven, industry-based forums / networking opportunities
- Implementing, and the use of, a comprehensive CRM system to track growth progress
- ability to recruit, mentor and manage a team of business development and marketing professionals
- analytical and reporting skills and intellectually robust with the ability to quickly assimilate and prioritise complex information
Experience of selling into any of these sectors would be an advantage: Transport (Rail, Maritime and Aviation), Healthcare, Education,, Culture, Leisure, Events, Retail, Distribution and Manufacturing
What are they offering?
- Basic salary between £90k and £110k dependant upon experience.
- Bonus / Commission to allow for realistic OTE of +£50k (albeit open)
- Car ( E Class, BMW 5 Series or Jaguar XF) or Car Allowance of £7,200 per annum
- Private Medical Cover for Employee
- Pension – 3% Matched
- 25 days holiday + 2x Annual Salary Life Assurance
This role would provide a natural opportunity for the job holder to be considered as natural successor for the role of Managing Director / CEO. You will operate with a high degree of autonomy, as you would expect from such senior appointments. This presents real scope for the direction of the business to be moulded and owned by the job holder.
Key Search Terms:
Business Development Manager Director Sales Strategy Tenders Marketing Facilties Management
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Facilities Management, Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals and those that work in support functions within our specialist areas.