Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: To £43,000 p.a + benefits
A unique opportunity has arisen to join this leading global brand. Responsible for the preparation and running of a large entertainment’s venue and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, people, and safety at events. The health and safety team sit within venue management and is responsible for the occupational Safety and health management for the organisations workers and a broad control of Health and Safety management across all the organisations activities and undertakings.
To assist in maintaining compliance with current occupational health & safety legislation throughout the organisations properties and undertakings. Provide comprehensive support to the health and safety manager by developing, implementing and monitoring health and safety systems across the organisation.
Management responsibility for: No Direct reports
Reports to: Health and Safety Manager
Budgetary signing limit and commercial framework: None.
- Carry out accident investigations and advise of controls to prevent reoccurrence.
- Administrative support to the H & S manager.
- Provide guidance and direction to safety committees, fire marshalls and first aiders and maintain and communicate updated lists for all organisation wide properties.
- Assist with site safety tours and safety inspections.
- Provide guidance and advice to site health and safety meetings.
- Take responsibility for booking venues and arranging training materials for various health and safety training projects.
- Assist and administrate the review of COSHH management throughout the organisation
- Complete risk assessments for company activities and operations at all locations
- Produce and deliver site induction training for contractors where required
- Complete Workstation Assessments and reports in accordance with the DSE regulations
- Liaise with catering, cleaning and maintenance contractors to ensure their major event day and non-major event day operations are in compliance with legislation and company policies
- Provide Health and Safety information to all interested parties
- Complete records as required and report incidents and maintenance requirements
- Work closely with Maintenance and non-major events teams to ensure all contractors abide by the Health and Safety policies of the organisation
- Assist with emergency evacuations where required
- Support the Health and Safety Manager with event day operations for Health and Safety.
- Take responsibility of own health and safety as required under the Health and Safety Work (Etc) Act 1974.
- Any other reasonable task that maybe required from time to time.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Must hold a NEBOSH Diploma level 6 or equivalent (or studying towards)
- Experience in operational occupational Health and Safety and carrying out risk assessments
- Good working knowledge of MS office systems
- Proven history in health and safety advisory role
- Experience working with British Safety Councils Five-Star Award, BS OHSAS 45001, HSG 65 and or other Health and Safety Management systems
- Experience of dealing with Fire Risk Assessments
- Working with local enforcement agencies, including the emergency services
- Experience of creating and delivering training courses/sessions
- Knowledge of operating permit to work systems
- Skilled communicator and presenter, able to liaise with internal colleagues across several departments and ensure that requirements are understood
- Ability to communicate effectively in client contact situations, using tact and diplomacy where required
- Able to work with external companies and enforcement agencies
- Excellent diplomacy and influencing skills, with a proven track record of raising the profile of H&S at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must be able to work well under pressure
JOB EVALUATION FACTORS – (examples of)
- Complexity and decision making
Providing practical and up-to-date Health and Safety advice to all departments
A thorough and robust understanding of current legislation and best practice and the impact this has upon the business
- Delivering results - commercial awareness, business and strategic impact
A Commercial understanding of the business and the role Health and Safety plays within.
- Freedom to act and accountability
Daily responsibilities to act and report Health and Safety issues
Accountable for recognising the Health and Safety performance and standards of the organisation
- Networks, Relationships and Team
Working across a wide section of staff and departments whilst providing accurate and relevant Health and Safety information
- Forming working relationships with staff from all departments within the organisation and contractors