Our client is a national Facilities Management provider across the public and private sector in the UK. Due to a recent restructure they are now looking for an experienced Human Resources Director
You will be a key member of the senior leadership team reporting to the board to contribute to facilitating the delivery of overall business goals with particular emphasis on the people agenda.
The HR Director will provide HR expertise and leadership to the operating Board, particularly in relation to employee relations, reward and recognition, employee engagement and development, succession planning, resourcing, TUPE, new business take-on and compliance in line with industry legislation and governance.
What are they asking for?
- Salary to £75K
- 25 days holiday, healthcare + exec pension.
What are they asking for?
- Strong interpersonal skills + professionalism
- Commercial Awareness, Problem Solving, Sound judgement, Persuasiveness
- Proactive – ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work with senior levels of client and internal management,
- CIPD qualified
- Established generalist experience at operational and strategic level
- Experience of working within the Facilities Management/ Manned Guarding industry
- Knowledge of the security industry accreditations and standards + BS7858
- Manage HR Advisory and Administration Team
- Support, leadership and advice across the full spectrum of employee relations and training in line with employment law and industry governance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to senior management and Board members to ensure all HR related compliance, accreditation and legal standards, both through regular attendance at Board meetings and during day to day operations and leadership team meetings.
- Deliver Group-wide people initiatives e.g employee engagement, IIP + succession planning.
- Ensure the continuing delivery of employee engagement surveys and workshops
- Provide HR solutions and lead HR project management streams for new business activity.
- Management of the full TUPE process in and out of business.
- Lead ongoing development of Employee Forum ensuring strong employee relations maintained
- Ensure annual appraisal and mid-year review cycle is completed, personal development plans are actioned and training needs collated and developed in to an overall training plan for the business.
- Develop, monitor and maintain best practice recruitment and selection that supports the delivery of business objectives whilst ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Review, monitor and maintain the ongoing competitiveness and effectiveness of the reward package for security personnel, ensuring that the package supports the business’ ability to attract and retain high calibre individuals and teams.
- Manage and monitor the recruitment processes and to ensure full legal compliance to the relevant industry standards for accreditation compliance.
- Ensure full compliance to industry standards including accountability for vetting of all employees to BS7858, fulfilling the role as Screening Controller.
Key Search Terms: Human Resources Dirctor CIPD Security Manned Guarding TUPE Budget
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security + Property related markets and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.
- 1 Have you worked for less than three companies in the last (pre covid) five years?
- 2 Do you have a strong HR Management background with CIPD qualifications
- Do you live less than one hour commute from one of the locations above