Incident and Crisis Manager
Our client has an exciting new role for an Incident & Crisis Manager. Sitting alongside the Operational Risk Management Team and based from the Manchester office.
The individual appointed to the role will be instrumental to the management of incidents across the property management division.
The Incident and Crisis Manager will be open to working within an evolving and dynamic environment. The incumbent will be expected to deploy some autonomy to managing incidents across an impressive client base that is growing year-on-year. The core focus of the role is to support the Operational Risk Management Team in managing incidents, highlighting current areas of improvement and monitor incident trends across multiple portfolios.
The successful applicant must be able to manage multiple incidents and prioritize high-profile incidents and risks, ensuring that site teams, PR teams and senior stakeholders are updated accordingly.
The key aspects of this role will include:
Management of Incidents and Crisis:
Working with the Emergency Planning & Events Compliance Manager to support the property management division and handle major incidents from initial reporting of the incident through to follow up and review stages.
Develop Policy, Procedures and Process for Incident & Crisis Management:
Working with the Operational Risk Management Team, Procurement Team and Security Team develop policies and procedures to improve the incident management process and quality of incident reporting across the property management division.
As part of this role it will be necessary for the successful applicant to form strong links with key stakeholders throughout the Property Management Division, including Shopping Centre, Leisure, RFM and Trophy Asset leads to successfully communicate centrally driven objectives and initiatives to the respective teams and gain support to assist with procedural implementation at site and department level.
Incident and Crisis Manager key responsibilities:
- Ensure all managed sites comply with incident management escalation procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improvement with regards to Incident and Crisis Management and develop and assist with the national implementation of the necessary controls to manage the same.
- Provide management review support to clients, the head of Operational Risk and Operational Risk Management team by analyzing compliance with standards, and incident statistics and evaluating trends and their root cause.
- Wherever practicable, act on lessons learned and communicate these out to the business.
- Provide advice, assistance and training to site-based managers, employees, clients and suppliers on matters relating to Incident and Crisis scenarios.
- Assist personnel through face to face meetings, via telephone and email and ensuring reference is made to other compliance advisors when necessary.
- Engage with all Security Consultants and the National Operations Centre and monitor their performance in relation to incident management, escalation and response.
The role is predominantly based in the Manchester office and forms an integral element of the Operational Risk Management Team. However, as duties evolve and as responsibilities dictate the Incident and Crisis Manager should be flexible to travel throughout the UK to meet clients and suppliers, engage with regional management and undertake site visits.
As a guide but not prescriptive the Incident and Crisis Manager duties will cover:
- Monitoring compliance with regards to incident and crisis management requirements through company systems and client specific systems and through audits completed.
- Conduct site visits and incident investigations where necessary and complete the appropriate reporting process.
- Attend client meetings and sector and regional meetings as required.
- Work with surveyors, site managers, third-party consultants and The Operational Risk Management team on incident and crisis management issues.
- Conduct investigations following incidents, establish any lessons learned and promote improvement where required.
- Track the performance of security providers and ensure close and effective working with the security soft services team, property management teams and surveyors.
- Seek to assist other elements of compliance functions whenever appropriate.
- Provide regular reporting as agreed with the Emergency Planning & Events Compliance Manager and Head of Operational Risk.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers.
- Maintain a currency of knowledge with regards to national legislation and industry best practice by studying latest publications, subscription to subject related journals, membership of official bodies and attending seminars approved by peer review in relation to Incident and Crisis Management.
- Contribute to the Property Management communications policy via regular submission to newsletter, intranet presentation, corporate blog, toolbox talks and stand-up presentations at meetings.
The individual must have a strong incident management background, preferably having achieved experience from managing multiple incidents in large complex sites. The individual should have previous experience or understanding of the Gold, Silver and Bronze incident command structure and the ability to demonstrate working practice of the incident management lifecycle.
A strong background in emergency planning or security and risk management would be desirable, coupled with professional qualifications in Emergency Planning, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Security & Risk Management.
The individual must also be able to demonstrate a strong Health & Safety Knowledge within a property environment and although not essential a suitable qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate would be desirable.
Salary to £35,000 + discretionary bonus.