This is a national field-based role.
Our client is a national leading provider of cleaning and soft services. Due to recent client wins and doubling turnover in 3 years, they are looking for an experienced soft services Operational Manager who is flexible, motivated and will enjoy the challenge of managing large mobilisations often at short notice and being a senior troubleshooter working on turnaround projects and contracts.
You will be reporting directly to the MD
What are they offering?
- Salary to £65K (pension, healthcare etc., 25 days holidays + BH)
- Prestigious company car/car allowance
- Excellent career opportunity within a stable national leader that prides itself on the relationship between company and employee.
What are they asking for?
Proven operations management within Soft Service Facilities Management working on large and national multi million mobilisations is required as is a full drivers licence. You have experience in working with large teams, strong client management skills with a high level of interest in the development of contracts and solutions along with budgeting and costing. You will also be hands on in nature with an ability to make quick evidence based decisions.
Your ability to establish strong client relationships as well as getting team buy in is key and you will be able to demonstrate how your personable nature has helped you do this in the past. A background in Soft Services is required as are strong analytical and organizational skills. At interview you will demonstrate a passion for ensuring service delivery and will be able to point to examples of how you have delivered through and with people
You will be confident in the use of technology and curious as to how it can help you and the business and clients. It’s a given you will know your way around Excel, but any experience of the following would be advantageous: PowerPoint, PowerBI, Visio, MS Project, MS Teams as would the ability to produce UML diagrams. Any knowledge of the rail industry would also be advantageous
Proven financial ability along with a disciplined method in applying and working with processes is also required. Also, advantageous would be ISOH or NEBOSH, Six Sigma, Prince2 or equivalent
Other responsibilities will include
- Primary point of contact for clients in mobilisation phase of contract for the resolution of operational challenges
- Project management responsibility for the mobilisation of new contract wins
- Matrix management of mobilsation project teams
- management of supply chain that supports operational performance of each contract.
- Project Management of turnaround contracts