Palmer McCarthy are working in collaboration with one of Surrey's leading providers of Fire and Security and Fire and Electrical Training as they now have an immediate requirement for a multi-disciplined static site engineer with knowledge of a wide range of Intruder alarms, CCTV and Access control systems to join their team, to look after a client's site in Reading.
As a static site engineer, experience with working on both the fire and security disciplines as well as fault finding is an absolute must.
This is an immediate start position for the right candidate. Full training will be provided along with the possibility of progression to supervise projects and small works.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £30k with overtime and travel time paid door to door
- Hours 8am - 5pm (Mon - Fri)
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 recognised UK bank holidays (entitlements increases by 1 day per full year worked each year for the first five years).
- Enrolment into the Companies pension scheme, subject to qualifying criteria.
- The position comes with a fully expensed company vehicle & fuel card if required.
- Participation in the out of hours on call Rota (paid at £20/night on standby and a minimum of 3 hrs. at time and a half if called out)
What are they asking for?
As the static site engineer you will be responsible for carrying out all PPM's and reactive jobs on the Fire and Security Systems on site. The site itself is a mixture of Advanced, Static and Gent systems; the CCTV system is made by Hike Vision and the Access Control system is Axion. Full training as well as onsite training will be provided but previous experience of working with the above-mentioned systems would most certainly be advantageous, there are also some intruder systems to look after too.
Responsibilities will include;
- PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) includes statutory compliance such as emergency lighting; fire alarm etc. so must be able to maintain site documentation to the required standards including ability to complete minor works certificates etc.
- Reactive maintenance and repairs, electrical fault finding and repairs to lighting, small power, motors, control panels, general building services etc.
- Must be able to carry out works to the highest standards and also be able to assist in providing quotations for repairs/small installation works.
- Candidates must also have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety and be able to produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Working within a set timescale to finish the project on time and within budget
- Ensuring all works are carried out in accordance with the relevant BS standards
Fire and Security: Engineer: CCTV: Access Control: Intruder Alarm
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.