National Manned Guarding provider are seeking an Operations Director to manage a portfolio of circa £15 million. Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively leading a team of Contract Managers and support staff to achieve profitability and growth targets whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery. The welfare of your team is also a priority
What are they offering?
- Fully expensed company car, Mobile phone and Laptop
- Future career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
- Salary to £70,000 (dependent on experience)
- Car/Car Allowance of circa £7000
What are they asking for?
- Operational Management experience within the manned guarding sector is an essential
- Must be situated in area with easy access to national motorway network. (Midlands M4/40 corridor would be ideal)
- Credible in their dealings with both clients and officers
- Experience of managing manned guarding operations of £15m+
- Demonstrable success in leading, managing and growing a business unit. With emphasis on the management of people including: delegation, customer relationships, succession planning, performance management and working with others to achieve results.
- Demonstrable experience in progressively larger roles where they have driven improvements in growth, service quality, retention, cost effectiveness and profitability. The ability to analyse complex problems, identify root causes and make timely decisions that bring matters to a successful conclusion.
- Previous experience of managing national/key accounts and multi-site operations, of developing medium and high value business, strong track record of contract retention and growth.
- Full P L responsibility with the ability to "interrogate the financials"
- A track record of client growth with a reputation for visibility on the ground (with clients and teams)
- Any experience of monitoring (MARC), Patrol + Response and CCTV installation would be advantageous
- To direct and lead all operational activities through the implementation of clear strategic objectives.
- To control P&L and drive operations to meet agreed revenue, gross margin, contract retention and control of overhead targets to meet company objectives.
- To proactively develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders including clients, strategic customers, colleagues and industry experts to promote the Company brand.
- To assist and support the Sales and National Accounts teams in identifying and securing medium and high value new business opportunities e.g. National Accounts, in line with business objectives.
- To manage own portfolio of key clients including participating in service review meetings, the recruitment and selection of key staff, to actively manage the performance of all on-site staff to ensure contract agreements and service standards are met.
- To lead, manage and motivate direct reports through the effective use of goal setting, team briefings, performance review, appraisals, performance management, development and succession planning to support individuals and teams in fulfilling their potential and maximising productivity.
- To ensure the highest standards of performance in business processes, such as: management reporting, administration, customer relationship management and recruitment, to drive the success of the business.
- To define, champion and implement best operational practice in quality and service delivery by means of robust and measurable processes, which can be bench marked against industry/national standards.
- To actively participate in organisational projects and to support the development of strategic plans to achieve alignment between capability, capacity and business need.
- ensure that Health & Safety and Quality procedures are implemented and maintained, at all client sites and Company offices and that any incidences or discrepancies are reported and addressed.
- To attend and lead management meetings, and produce financial and operational reports as required.
- The Job holder holds a semi-autonomous role and has full accountability for the performance and the day-to-day management of their team(s) the job holder supports strategic leadership decisions on the structure, business mix and strategy to achieve business objectives.
Key Search Terms: Manned Guarding Regional Operations Manager Manned Guarding Corporate Strategic
Please only apply if you have managed a 10m+ manned guarding portfolio.
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security Industry and acts as an agency for their client on this vacancy.