Pricing Manager/Analyst: mainly home based: full time hours (in the main) dictated by you
Salary to £60,000
A multi billion international leading security and facility services group are seeking an industry experience Pricing Manager/Analyst to support a successful and growing commercial (Sales + Bid) team by modelling and leading on the financial elements of client tenders, working with internal teams and suppliers including subcontractors.
This role can be based at home with some travel to the City of London. Most tenders will be UK based but there will be an opportunity to work on international opportunities across APAC and EMEA (although travel to these destinations is not part of the requirement)
What are they asking for?
- Previous pricing experience within the soft FM (manned guarding or cleaning) is required
- commercial experience and wide business acumen
- a full understanding of costs associated with outsourced personnel including National Insurance, Accrued Holiday pay and auto enrolled pension, inflation national minimum wage
- self-motivated individual as the majority of time could be working remotely and managing own time
- Ability to influencel as a credible, fast-thinking, collaborative and commercial individual
- Outstanding analytical skills & knowledge of economic factors impacting professional services
- Excellent communicator; able to explain complex issues to financial or non-financial stakeholders
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team based environment
- Results driven; having a proactive, goal orientated approach to decision making
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Strong IT system skills including advance Excel
- experience of pricing international opportunities and currency risk
- Pricing Qualified an advantage
- bid management experience
What are they offering?
- Salary to £60K + bonus + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- Career opportunities within a fast growing division of a multi-million global business
- A strong quality driven player + true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Increased profitability of company by managing pricing for all large opportunities, tenders, and framework agreements.
- To interpret incumbent TUPE information (where relevant) or proposed staffing patterns and to translate this into a comprehensive pricing model
- Negotiation with vendors and sub-contractors to obtain best pricing.
- Advise on pricing strategy to optimize the firm’s long and short term profitability, being sought out as a subject matter expert in pricing and commercial terms demonstrating an innovative approach
- Build and maintain pricing models using complex data sets – that encompasses global business
- advise on pricing strategies for clients; including value add options in addition to rates. Be able to influence and negotiate with the senior stakeholders on client agreements
- Work collaboratively senior stakeholders on initiatives intended to improve profitability
- Establish good working relationships with external clients
- Pre-empt client queries by applying knowledge from prior engagements - identify potential risks and mitigate through system solutions where appropriate
- The ability to understand the wider business issues and to develop new ideas which will add value, based on a full understanding of the firm's critical success factors
- Apply a methodical and meticulous approach to work, whilst applying a theoretical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Ensuring all Pricing & Pricing Assumptions are signed off and completed on time so that the bid team can submit a finished bid before the deadline given
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again