Pricing Manager/Analyst: mainly home based: full time hours (in the main) dictated by you
Salary to £55,000 + car allowance
A multi billion leading security and facility services group are seeking an industry experience Pricing Manager/Analyst to support a successful and growing commercial (Sales + Bid) team by modelling and leading on the financial elements of client tenders, working with internal teams and suppliers.
This role can be based at home with some travel to the City of London. Most tenders will be UK based but there will be an opportunity to work on international opportunities across APAC and EMEA (although travel to these destinations is not part of the requirement)
What are they asking for?
- Facilities Management industry experience required (security/cleaning or M+E)
- Pricing experience of large contracts and commercial experience with wide business acumen
- Self-motivated individual as the majority of time could be working remotely and managing own time
- Ability to influence as a credible, fast-thinking, collaborative and commercial individual
- Outstanding analytical skills & knowledge of economic factors impacting professional services
- Excellent communicator; able to explain complex issues to financial or non-financial stakeholders
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team based environment
- Results driven; having a proactive, goal orientated approach to decision making
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Strong IT system skills including advance Excel
- Full understanding of costs associated with outsourced personnel including National Insurance, Accrued Holiday pay and auto enrolled pension, inflation national minimum wage
- experience of pricing international opportunities and currency risk
- Pricing Qualified an advantage
- Bid management experience
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K + car allowance + bonus + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- Career opportunities within a fast growing division of a multi-million global business
- Quality driven player + true meritocracy with the autonomy to manage your own workload
- Managing pricing for all large opportunities, tenders, and framework agreements.
- To interpret incumbent TUPE information (where relevant) or proposed staffing patterns and to translate this into a comprehensive pricing model
- Negotiation with vendors and sub-contractors to obtain best pricing.
- Advise on pricing strategy to optimize the firm’s long and short term profitability, being sought out as a subject matter expert in pricing and commercial terms demonstrating an innovative approach
- Build and maintain pricing models using complex data sets – that encompasses global business
- Advise on pricing strategies for clients; including value add options in addition to rates. Be able to influence and negotiate with the senior stakeholders on client agreements
- Pre-empt client queries by applying knowledge from prior engagements - identify potential risks and mitigate through system solutions where appropriate
- The ability to understand the wider business issues and to develop new ideas which will add value, based on a full understanding of the firm's critical success factors
- Methodical + meticulous whilst applying a theoretical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Ensuring all Pricing & Pricing Assumptions are signed off and completed on time so that the bid team can submit a finished bid before the deadline given
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.