Our client is a leading provider of Property Guardians - a creative solution to securing vacant properties. Due to an ever-increasing portfolio of properties they require a Services Electrician to oversee the installation and maintenance and safety of their buildings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out electric inspections and tests and certify the company's properties, installation and maintenance of fire alarms, general wear and tear maintenance and repairs, provide any general support required with due regard to all Health & Safety regulations, perform general duties which support the efficient running of the business in providing properties that are fit for purpose.
What are they offering?
- Salary up to £40 000
- Company vehicle
- 25 Days Holiday + B.H, pension scheme, healthcare cash plan, free medical/legal helpline
- Training and development opportunities
What are they asking for?
- Ability to inspect, test and certify our both commercial and residential properties.
- Carry out basic electrical repairs.
- Ability to install, test and certify fire detection systems (hardwired or wireless) as well as servicing them.
- Ability to install and service emergency lighting.
- Able to PAT test.
- Experience of installing over the sink hot water heaters, wiring in electric showers and electric cookers.
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, health and safety.
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, client and colleagues
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Maintain a professional image
- To liaise daily with the Buildings and Inspections Manager to coordinate maintenance and repair activities.
- To carry out safely all operational activities as well as emergency, reactive and planned maintenance.
- To diagnose and where possible rectify faults
- Audit compliance
- Is passionate about delivering a world class service to our customers
- Is able to work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative
- Act with honesty and integrity
- City & Guilds 2382 BS7671 17th Edition Wiring Regulations for inspection and testing (or European equivalent)
- Portable appliance testing
- Effective communication skills to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area
- Controls costs within own job area of responsibility
- Prioritises and organises own workload
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
Electrician; City & Guilds; 17th Edition; Inspection; Testing;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.