Reports to: Director
Full time role but will consider part time: but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 6 hours a day (between 30-40 hours a week): a mixture of working from home and office based in Capability Green, (just off Junction 10 M1)
We also have a flexible approach to holiday requirements
About the Company + Role:
Palmer McCarthy specialises in the recruitment of senior, technical sales and bid professionals into the Facilities, Security and Property related markets. We have built a reputation for market expertise, honesty and getting the right person into the right role.
The last couple of years have been tough for everyone but we have grown and are confident that we are going to be even busier. We now need someone to: ensure our candidates and clients are receiving the type of experience and service that they deserve by helping us deliver a superior fulfillment function.
Is this YOU?
This is not a sales role but is supporting a recruitment and results based environment
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £35K + individual + team bonuses
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment
- Up to 25 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off
- Pension (flexible on contributions
- Socials and away days (optional)-
Your main responsibility will be managing the delivery of our vacancy fulfillment service to our clients from writing compelling vacancy adverts, initial interview of interested candidates, arranging interviews, briefing candidates and clients, dealing with feedback, facilitating contract and post placement service management.
You will work closely with the Managing Consultant to understand the client brief and also with our Resourcing team to ensure the right candidates are being targeted- you are the gel that binds our service together by working with our recruiting client and interested candidates until the vacancy is filled and then ensuring our quality of service with targeted follow up.
You will be matching candidates to vacancies with previous, existing and new clients. You must be willing to perform any task or duty (within reason) that helps the business achieve its objectives around the successful placement of candidates with our clients.
- To build, manage and grow Client relationships and add value to the Client proposition offering
- To fulfil Client briefs in a timely and cost effective manner
- Leverages relationships to identify wider business opportunities for other departments
- Mapping and matching candidates to vacancies we are working on.
- Detailed interviewing of candidates to ensure successful matching to current and future vacancies.
- Advise all parties around salary expectations, reformat CV's to 'sell' key USP's of that candidate
- Submittal of candidate details to client, dealing with any queries and arranging interviews
- Management of client interview process and eventual preparation of candidates for interview
- Manage feedback and offer/acceptance process including facilitating any contract paperwork
- Facilitate the on boarding process to Day 1
- Provide first line support for all Candidate enquiries
- Ensure that the candidates and clients receive a professional and comprehensive service at all times
- Develop an understanding of market rates and conditions within your sector
- Seek and provide feedback in a professional manner at all times to candidates
- Servicing existing clients with regular placement check ins
- Actively map and build 'hot' candidate lists in strategically important silos
- identifying new opportunities for the business through leads – passing over to BD team
- Follow up on “lost vacancies”
- Marketing of “hot candidates” to targeted clients
Ideal Person for this Position:
It would help but you do not need to have worked within a recruitment environment previously. However.....
You will be a task and goal orientated team player who will quickly fit in with a company that is passionate about placing candidates into the right clients and growing our business. At interview you will be able to demonstrate persistence and tenacity along with fantastic and positive communication skills. We know matching and delivery ability can be developed in all types of environments but it's essential you can confidently tell us about those transferable skills.
Rapport building will come naturally to you along with installing trust in our candidates and clients around our ability to match on their requirements. Your passion to get the job done will be obvious to all.
You can influence and engage with all levels of candidates and clients with the potential to develop advanced questioning skills and great realationships. It should go without saying that Sense of Urgency is a must as is the ability to follow a process through from start to completion with attention to detail. You are a solutions focused individual who is coachable with the ability to learn swiftly. With an ability to prioritise but the flexibility to be able to "drop everything" and divert attention when business requires. (with no fuss)
You are someone who is willing to do the basics such as updating the CRM but also has the intellect to understand what is needed to deliver on every vacancy project we work on. This is a role (and business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a 'can do' approach to life and business
Experience of a recruitment environment would be advantageous but here are some other attributes that we are looking for
- Have a problem solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Excellent proactive, attention to detail and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self-management skills
- A sense of humour about misunderstandings and ability to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self-sufficient and discreet. ( access to commercially sensitive and client/candidate information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative
- This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people's lives for the better.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- You have an interest in personal development, recruitment and building long lasting relationships and assisting the growth and success of others and enjoy ownership.
- Experience of working within a small business in a multi-tasking role
- Numerically confident with an impeccable and flawless writing style - (you will be writing our ads!!!)
- Open to personal development and emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Positive, drama-free attitude + enjoys being part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes remote) team
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are essential to help the business achieve its goals this could be perfect for you.