Reports to: Director
This role could be part time or full time but would need to be Monday-Friday at least 6 hours a day (between 30-40 hours a week): office based in St Albans
About the Company + Role:
Palmer McCarthy specialise in the recruitment of senior, technical, sales and bid professionals into the Facilities, Security and Property related markets. We have built a reputation for market expertise, honesty and getting the right person into the right role.
We've had a brilliant start to the year and now need someone to: ensure our candidates are receiving the type of experience and service that they deserve, look after key clients and help us introduce new ways of doing things and processes ensuring we take advantage of new resourcing innovations. Is this YOU?
This is not a sales role but is supporting a recruitment sales and results based environment ( This could be a route into Resource Team Management, Delivery Consultant or a Recruitment 360 role)
On offer is:
- A pro rata salary of up to £26K + individual + team bonuses
- Working in a fun professional supportive environment
- Up to 25 days holiday + BHs + your birthday off
- Pension (flexible on contributions)
- Socials and away days (optional)
Our Resourcer will be responsible for identifying, attracting and engaging with candidates to fulfill specific business briefs and requirements within a small yet busy recruitment team. You will be matching candidates to vacancies, previous, existing and new clients. You must be willing to perform any task or duty (within reason) that helps the business achieve its objectives around the successful placement of candidates with our clients. You are someone who is willing to do the basics such as updating the CRM but also has the intellect to understand what is needed to maximise the opportunity upon identifying great candidates. This is a role (and a business) that will continually evolve so flexibility is key, as is a 'can do' approach to life and business.
As a Resourcer your main responsibility will be to proactively track and continuously manage the journey of a candidate along with identifying new business opportunities for the business through leads - however these can be followed up by other members of the team!!
- Mapping potential candidates within new + existing clients and matching candidates to vacancies we are working on.
- Detailed interviewing of candidates to ensure successful matching to current and future vacancies.
- Name gathering of new candidates via candidate care calls
- Advise on and reformat CV's to 'sell' key USPs of that candidate
- Submittal of candidate details to senior team member and sometimes client
- Management of client interview process and eventual preparation of candidates for interview
- Provide first line support for all Candidate enquiries
- Provide pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy and relevant legislation
- Provide support to ensure that the candidates and clients receive a professional and comprehensive service at all times
- Comply with company management systems, reporting and quality procedures including accurate database management
- Develop an understanding of market rates and conditions within your sector
- Seek and provide feedback in a professional manner at all times to candidates
- Proactively 'Manage' existing candidate silos - track career path
- Servicing existing candidates ('passive and active')
- Actively map and build 'hot' candidate lists in strategically important silos
- Continuous name gathering of passive candidates
Ideal Person for this Position:
You do not need to have worked within a recruitment environment previously. However.....
You will have worked within a B2B environment. You will be a task and goal orientated team player who will quickly fit in with a company that is passionate about placing candidates into the right clients and growing our business. At interview you will be able to demonstrate persistence and tenacity along with fantastic and positive communication skills. We realise that "matching skills" are developed in all types of environments but it's essential that you can confidently tell us about those transferable skills.
You will have the ability to influence and engage with all levels of candidates and the potential to develop advanced questioning skills. Sense of Urgency is a must as is the ability to follow a process through from start to completion with attention to detail. You are a solutions focussed individual who is coachable with the ability to learn swiftly. You are able to prioritise what’s important but have the flexibility to "drop everything" and divert attention when business requires. (with no fuss)
Experience in a Resourcer role or knowledge of a recruitment environment would be advantageous and the more advanced your skills in LinkedIn / job boards and other candidate portals required the better. If you are a Boolean Ninja, fantastic (but our JD cliches stop there)
Attention to detail is key as you will be responsible for presenting candidate details to clients so please ensure there are no typos, spellos or grammar mistakes on your CV.
Here are some other attributes that we are looking for
- A problem solving and 'take ownership' attitude.
- Diligent and trustworthy who will hit the ground running and quickly grasp the priorities of the role
- Ability to get the information you need to move forward with projects and can avoid 'bottlenecks'
- Proactive and follow through.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent time and self management skills
- A sense of humour about misunderstandings and ability to learn from mistakes rather than take things personally.
- You will need to be flexible, self sufficient and discreet. (you will have access to commercially sensitive and client/candidate information)
- You will need to be numerate, IT literate, very organised, well informed with lots of initiative
- This role will suit somebody that is organized, motivated with a tendency to over deliver and wants an opportunity to be involved in a business that changes people's lives for the better.
- Confidence to make suggestions on how to improve systems, save on costs and increase productivity / efficiency within the role / business.
- You have an interest in personal development, recruitment and building long lasting relationships and assisting the growth and success of others and enjoy ownership.
- Numerically confident with an impeccable and flawless writing style
- Open to personal development and emotionally mature
- Able to handle busy and sometimes stressful environments
- Positive, drama-free attitude and enjoys being a part of a high-functioning, fun (sometimes remote) team environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extra hours when required
If you are able to work on your own and also as a member of a small team, enjoy a varied day and want the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are essential to help the business achieve its goals this could be perfect for you.
If you feel you match the above and can answer "Yes" to the following 3 questions please get in touch:
- Do you have experience working in a multi tasking (task orientated role) within a B2B environment?
- Can you demonstrate that you are task/goal orientated in interview and a real interest in the recruitment process?
- Is your CV free from spelling or grammatical errors?
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us your CV with a covering letter telling us:
- What are the 3 key skills you possess that make you ideal person for this role?
- What's one thing you're really excited about?
- What is unique about you?
- What was your favourite job & why?
- What is the 1 book/film you've recommended to multiple people and why?
Please send to Alan Corcoran at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted by email to arrange an initial telephone interview.