Ref: 1440 Job Title: Regional Operations Manager £50K + car allowance
A leading and successful International Facilities Managemet provider are seeking a Regional Operations Manager to manage a manned guarding portfolio of circa £10 million across their SE patch. Reporting to the UK MD the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively leading a team of Contract Managers (circa 3) and support staff to achieve profitability and growth targets whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery. The welfare of your team is also a priority.
You will also manage a small number of prestigious clients directly. The role is field and home based: involving extensive travel within your region: London + South East
What are they offering?
- Salary to £50,000
- Fully expensed company car or allowance + Mobile phone and Laptop
- Future career advancement within a growing company with structured training and development
What are they asking for?
- lives within commutable distance of Central London
- proven professional with a career in Operational Management within manned guarding sector
- Personable and credible in their dealings with both clients and officers
- previous experience of managing manned guarding operations circa £10m
- Demonstrable success in leading, managing and growing a business unit.
- Confident in management of people including: delegation, customer relationships, succession planning, performance management and working with others to achieve results.
- Demonstrable experience in progressively larger roles where they have driven improvements in growth, service quality, retention, cost effectiveness and profitability.
- The ability to analyse complex problems, identify root causes and make timely decisions that bring matters to a successful conclusion.
- Previous experience of managing national/key accounts and multi-site operations, of developing medium and high value business and strong track record of contract retention and growth.
Responsibilities will include
lead operational activities through implementation of clear strategic objectives.
control P&L and drive region to meet revenue, margin, contract retention and control of overhead
develop working relationships with key stakeholders including clients, strategic customers, colleagues and industry experts to promote the Company brand.
assist and support the Sales and National Accounts teams in identifying and securing medium and high value new business opportunities e.g. National Accounts, in line with business objectives.
manage own portfolio of key clients including service review meetings, recruitment of key staff, actively manage the performance of staff to ensure contract agreements and standards are met.
manage and motivate direct reports through the effective use of goal setting, team briefings, performance review, appraisals, performance management, development and succession planning in order to support individuals and teams in fulfilling their potential and maximising productivity.
ensure highest standards of performance in business processes, such as: management reporting, administration, customer relationship management and recruitment
To define, champion and implement best operational practice in quality and service delivery by means of robust and measurable processes, which can be benchmarked against industry/national standards.
To actively participate in organisational projects and to support the development of strategic plans in order to achieve alignment between capability, capacity and business need.
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our specialist areas.
1 Have you managed a £10m+ portfolio
2 Have you worked for less than 3 companies in the last 5 years
3 Do you have solid progressive career within manned guarding?