We are pleased to be partnering with our security and facilities management client with their search for a Security Contract Manager at one of the most iconic sites in The City of London.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for all Security and Logistics related matters on the site. This will include control and management of the on site team (circa 10) including recruitment, disciplinary procedures, staff appraisals, performance management etc.
What are they offering?
- £45,000 salary with performance bonus
- a true meritocracy with a defined career path
- supportive senior management team
- working in a one of the most recognisable iconic buildings in the city
- supportive environment
- career prospects within the team
- practical and flexible approach to the management of your hours
What are they looking for?
- You will know this role: as you will need to be able to hit the ground running. Therefore a background in Security Operations Management is essential including knowledge of powers of arrest and other security matters Any landmark building experience/City of London corporate experience will be advantageous.
- be a personable and credible communicator who prides themselves on appearance and professionalism. Your experience or qualifications will exceed Security Supervisor Course (NVQ Level 3) and you will have a Security guarding license and CCTV license, This aligned with your ability to be mean calm under pressure, self managing and able to use your initiative will be key to the success of the role.
- Good Control room knowledge and systems knowledge will also be key along with a strong customer focus and ability to make quick decisions.
- responsible for all aspects of tmanagement of the on site security team.
- managing teams appearance, motivation, job performance, appraisals, coaching, ongoing improvement, disciplinary issues and recruitment.
- Maintain and update as necessary Assignment Instructions and Site Standard Operational Procedure Manuals
- Managing the cover for all functions/events in the building including Tenant Liaison
- Working and visiting site during various shifts: Working 1 late (09:00 to 19:00) and 1 early shift (06:45 to 16:45) per week, Minimum of 1 Out of Hours visit per month, Minimum of 1 Weekend visit per month
- Assisting with HR/Disciplinary issues including investigations
- Providing onsite training to Supervisors/Officers ensuring that training/personal files are kept up to date
- Manage any disciplinary and grievance issues ensuring they are investigated thoroughly and procedures followed in liaison with Employee Relations