An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Security Manager to join one of the UK’s long-established security service providers. As Security Manager you will provide a safe and secure environment for one of their prestigious corporate clients. Your main purpose as the Security Manager will be to run a team of approximately 70+ security employees ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service and mitigating risks to the firm’s assets, people and reputation through a range of security solutions.
What are they asking for?
As Security Manager it is essential that you have experience of working within the private security sector supported with evidence of delivering a senior management operational role, you must also be comfortable & confident in your ability to deal with senior personnel in a challenging environment. Security Contract Management experience along with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead by example allied with good interpersonal and social skills are a must. A Police or Forces background could be beneficial but is not essential.
- Exceptional Leadership of the team ensuring all personnel are motivated, focused and fully understand their role and purpose on the contract
- Ensure all core and ad-hoc requirements are met as required on the contract
- Ensure all procedures are in place, including basic instructions through to complex
- SOPs, in addition to Health & Safety and Compliance requirements.
- Ensure every member of the security workforce is trained, vetted and licensed in accordance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001, BS 7499 and BS7858.
- Maintain up-to-date training and qualification matrices to validate the training and security clearance status of each member of staff as required on the contract.
- Discharge the reporting responsibilities under the contract including but not limited to the production of periodic KPI reports and performance reports. Additionally, produce ad hoc reports as required e.g.: Incident Reports.
- Responsibility for recruitment, grievance and discipline within the contract including liaison with the HR and Payroll Departments and external recruitment companies.
- To operate the contract in profit and within budget.
- To understand the client’s objectives and tailor solutions to meet their requirements
- Carrying out regular risk assessments and security reviews.
- Create a Security Education Program intended to improve security
- Implementation and development of security strategy