Palmer McCarthy have teamed up with a National, specialist supplier of Security Systems to assist them in their search for an experienced Security Systems Engineer. You will be required to install, service & maintain security systems as well as provide customers with service in accordance with the Company's published standards and to conform to all relevant British Standards.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have your own tools and test meter
What are they offering?
- Salary £27,000 - £28,500
- Travel time ………Paid for at standard time less 30 minutes both ways
- Stand by rate and rate when called out….Call Out is paid at time and half. Currently £25.00 per night and £50 per day at weekend
- Vehicle & fuel card….Peugeot 308 Estate and Fuel Card provided
- Holidays….20 days in first year increasing to 25 days plus 10 statutory days (8 for England plus two extra at Xmas period 29th Dec and Jan 2nd as a Scottish company)
- Phone / laptop / PDA
- Uniform provided
- Pension / Health Care for Supervisors / Managers
What are they asking for?
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Supervisor, you will be responsible for the installation, inspection & maintenance of all security systems on customers sites; identifying, repairing or replacing systems as necessary completing all works accurately & within a timely fashion - delivering customer excellence at all times!
As a Security Systems Engineer, you will present a professional image through high standards of personal appearance including upkeep of work wear and equipment provided & will report back to your supervisor / manager any improvements that can be made to the company's Quality systems and customer service.
A relevant security systems qualification (or equivalent in the electrical industry) is required as is a current, full drivers licence.
Responsibilities will include;
- Install/Inspect and maintain security systems
- Identify, repair and replace system components as necessary
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- To maintain van stocks of materials and necessary tools
- Deliver Excellent Customer Service at all times
- Available for standby and call out rota
Security Systems: Engineer: CCTV: Access Control: Intruder Alarm; Install; Maintenance; inspection;
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.