Please only apply if you have a solid demonstrable background in business development within soft services i.e. cleaning and/or manned guarding.
A national soft FM provider are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to lead their business development team whilst also developing their own portfolio of clients. Your main purpose will be to increase sales revenue whilst maintaining the required margins, maximising opportunities with existing & new contracts, to meet and where possible exceed the targets set.
You will have direct experience of selling cleaning and or manned guarding and an ability to lead a Sales team. To succeed in this role the individual will be able to effectively operate in a broad range of environments.
You will be looking to take on a highly visible and influential role which is key to their ongoing success. You will become part of a dynamic and forward-thinking leadership team with a great opportunity to shape their future across a range of services and sectors.
This is a national role and you will carry a sales target and lead from the front in developing new relationships.
What are they offering?
£65K basic salary + bonus + prestigious car/allowance: 1st year OTE £100K
- Private Medical Cover for Employee
- Enhanced Pension
- 25 days holiday + 2x Annual Salary Life Assurance
What are they asking for?
- Experience of operating in a senior sales development role in soft services + a record of performance.
- A personable communication style with the ability to quickly engage with and influence others and use creative flair both in presentations and bid submissions.
- Organisation and project planning skills and able to handle challenge and work under pressure.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness particularly in relation to understanding the financial dynamic of existing contracts and the modelling of new opportunities.
- Bid / tendering experience in converting large scale national high value tenders
- Experience of managing and developing an improving business development environment
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, with the ability to spot and seize opportunities
- consultative selling and negotiation skills, with proven track record of presenting for new business
- Ability to host and attend relationship driven, industry-based forums / networking opportunities
- Ability to mentor and manage a team of business development professionals
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the BDM team in supporting their activities through prospecting, tendering and project work activities.
- generating FM leads, developing client relationships and the subsequent preparation and delivery of both pre-qualification and tender documents.
- Meeting agreed sales targets, exploiting opportunities for new business and negotiating contracts on behalf of the Company with maximum possible margins.
- Identify and exploit opportunities in existing business through introductions from existing Regional I Divisional Management
- Identify "Top" targets as agreed with the Sales Director as basis of targeting process.
- Undertake re-tender activity for existing business as required by the Business Development Director including preparation of tender documentation
- Ensure full understanding of changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the operations and/or present new opportunities
- Screen potential business opportunities by analysing market strategies, customer requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
Key Search Terms:
Business Development Manager Director Sales Strategy Tenders Head of Sales Business development Director Soft FM Cleaning
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.