Our client is a specialist in the protection of vacant property and assets providing a full suite of specialist solutions across the complete property lifecycle, as well as offering a wide range of Property Services for occupied property from locks and glazing to grounds services and remote site security.
They are now looking for a Senior Business Development Manager in the south (of Birmingham) to develop the growth of new business accounts and existing key property and FM clients. You will be responsible for your individual target as well as managing two BDM's.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £55K with unlimited bonus + prestigious car/car allowance
- International company with loads of career opportunities
- Supportive, strategic and stable SMT
- healthcare, pension etc, career
What are they asking for?
You will come from a B2B business development background with the ability to manage your own business as well as managing 2 others. (Potential relevant industries could be document management, security, manned guarding, flexible workspace, logistics and hospitality but this is not an exclusive list)
An ability to understand the process of selling multi products + services is a must. It's a given that you are organized and have good communication skills but essential that you are enthusiastic, have presence and are flexible in your approach.
You will not be scared of Powerpoint and any knowledge of salesforce will be desirable. In addition to this you will be able to demonstrate experience of identifying and delivering new business opportunities throughout your recent career.
You will be able to travel extensively across the "South" with some ad hoc travel "up north"
Responsibilities will include;
- Develop a new business + account strategy with the appropriate input of peers to ensure sales growth targets from accounts is achieved
- Achieve sales targets (gross margin) team + individual
- Lead by example, ensuring sales activities levels are maintained.
- Act as the first escalation point within the new business team
- Design and deliver presentations at team and general sales meetings
- Hold responsibility for the induction of all new starters within the team
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of industry changes including but not limited to legislation, process or products
Keywords: Business Development Management Property Sales Account Management Facilities Security
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.