A national supplier of Facilities Management (mainly cleaning) are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to successfully deliver the operational and financial targets of all local (S Wales + Bristol) cleaning contracts, ensuring full adherence customer’s terms of business, service level agreements (SLA’s) and industry regulations.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £45 000, £5K car allowance, Career prospects, Pension, Healthcare etc
- Career opportunities - a defined roadmap to Operations Director level
What are they asking for?
- Sound cleaning industry knowledge + business acumen gained from working for sector competitor.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills – articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good hands on (yet strategic)people manager, able to motivate, delegate and maximise the contribution of a team.
- You might currently be working for a company similar to Bespoke, Minster, Mrs Bucket, Samsic, Mitie, ISS etc
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced numerical skills with the ability to understand and control a budget
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must be willing to be hands on and get involved in day to day activities but also have the ability to delegate, think and plan strategically
- Must hold a full UK driving license
- The candidate will need to be present at Regional Head Office Cardiff on an ongoing basis- so will need to live within the patch within Swansea, Merthyr Tydfil, Cheltenham, Bristol, Clevedon, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport- but the closer to Cardiff/Bristol the better.
- Experience of Obtaining + retaining ISO 14001 and 9001 advantageous
- Timegate experience advantageous
- Reporting to MD: manage all contracts to achieve or exceed annual revenue and profit budget
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to contract terms and client SLA’s
- Assess whether innovation/ improvement can be made to service delivery and implement initiatives
- Maximise opportunities to retain and develop contract by maintaining strong client relationship
- Direct staff and monitor performance + managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- Recruitment, retention and rostering of contract personnel
- Manage assets and materials to ensure meet service delivery needs and spend is within budget
- Regular audits across the network to ensure contract and legal compliance
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring good working relationship
- Promote secure/ safe working environment by carrying out risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training
- Advise on and introduce innovation in services and products.