A leading UK provider of facilities management and specialist services now have a great opportunity for an experienced Fire and Security Systems Project Engineer to join their team to supervise security projects works for a prestigious UK client. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Fire and Security Systems Project Engineer to join an innovative company whose portfolio of clients sees them managing some of the nations most recognised high street buildings and landmarks.
What are they offering?
- Salary: £37 - 40k (OTE £45k)
- Car / Allowance plus fuel card
- Death in Service
- Laptop & Phone
- 22 Days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
What are they asking for?
You will be a qualified Electrical, Fire and Security Systems Engineer (C&G2360 & C&G185 and BS5839 or equivalent experience) with the ability to instill confidence in the team around you, leading teams by example, you will be considered a subject matter expert and have a vast experience of delivering technical solutions & problem solving.
As a Fire and Security Systems Project Engineer, you will be expected to supervise all fire and security works relating to the contract as well as provide timely project execution and excellent project communication to stakeholders. Understanding a Clients and End Users needs and expectations along with the ability to meet or execute these expectations is an absolute must so being the subject matter expert for all fire and security systems technical solutions would be advantageous, you must also possess a flexible approach to working hours as each project determines.
Responsibilities will include;
- Supervision of Contractors engaged by the Company
- Preparation of technical submittals.
- Ensure design are fully understood by delivery team.
- Manage design change.
- Design & Project Management of Fire & Security Projects
- Identify potential system deficiencies in end-users' existing estate and develop resilience & compliance
- strategies to present to the end-user
- Ensure all new & existing technology solutions meet Statutory & Regulatory requirements.
- Manage Permit to Work Systems where applicable.
- Undertake Contractor Audits in accordance with Company policies.
- Determine acceptable levels of handover documentation for individual Projects and ensure that all Stakeholders are aware.
- Develop PP documents in accordance with Client requirements.
- Produce drawings in CAD or Visio as required.
- Manage the project close out, including creating the commissioning plan, management of snagging and acceptance testing.
Fire and Security; Projects; Engineer; Project Engineer; Systems
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management and Logistics sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy.
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact directly rather than applying again.