A leading name in the provision of Security (Manned Guarding + Systems) are seeking an experienced sales professional to proactively convert immediate opportunities and identify, develop and secure new strategic business nationally. Manned Guarding sales is not essential, but you should have experience of people orientated services (e.g. FM / Vacant Property / Waste)
You will need a proven sales background and an ability to bid for and win £1m+ deals. This company will support you with resources and time to pipeline - they have a long-term sales strategy in which a polished sales professional will thrive (you will be based from home).
You will be part of a niche national team concentrating on strategic (high value) business opportunities. It’s unlikely you will ever need to make a cold call (due to number of inbound enquiries) but it is vital that you can quickly establish relationships with key contacts and focus on the closing of deals. This role will be supported by an experienced sales support + Bid Management team.
What are they offering?
- Salary to £85K with realistic OTE £150K + “Proper Pension” + Health benefits
- An existing pipeline that needs converting
- Prestigious car (5 series) / £6K allowance, unlimited commission and great career prospects
- Major player with strong client base to leverage opportunities from
- A true meritocracy where you have the autonomy to manage your own workload
What are they asking for?
“A grounded commercially orientated professional”
- Sound security B2B sales experience and wide business acumen
- Ability to cost opportunities identified
- Persuasive and credible with ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment
- Quality presenter with ability to close
- Ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Organisational and time management skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must hold a valid full UK driving license
- Passion for chosen sectors and services: wide knowledge of trends and macro ‘drivers’ in industry
- Overcome barriers to win business + focuses on results aiming to deliver extraordinary performance
- Identify opportunities for growth within new clients and execute strategy
- Generate growth by keen networking and responding to enquiries
- Achieving financial sales targets across both new and existing clients
- Lead the negotiation or re-negotiation of sales opportunities, working collaboratively with the Bid Team and Finance and within central bid guidelines
- Retain strong understanding of current operation, competitor position and market trends
- Attend relevant trade events and actively pursue networking opportunities within the sector
- Develop and convert a sales pipeline that ensures personal OM sales targets are met
Key Search Terms: Security Manned Guarding Sales Business Development Tender Management
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy. If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team please feel free to contact Alan Corcoran directly rather than applying again.