Our client provides a range of internal and external response services including void property alarm monitoring, lone worker protection and fixed system (e.g., CCTV) monitoring
They are now seeking a Team Manager for their Alarm Receiving Centre based in Birkenhead, to lead and manage a small team of operators.
This includes customer service, operational delivery, people management, scheduling and planning.
Your main task is to ensure the smooth running of daily ARC operations. You will work to key performance indicators and address shortfalls in performance, provide support to operators + resolving escalated calls. As a Team Manager, you will be responsible for managing remote teams, be proactive with ideas for continuous improvement and ensure high levels of customer care and service
This is a shift based environment and the shift pattern for this role would be 4 on 4 off 7am – 7pm
Key areas for delivery and success will be improving customer service, staff retention, operational efficiencies and greater utilisation of technology.
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £28K + annual bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic + extensive career opps- this is a company where people are developed and stay
What are they asking for?
If you have experience in managing teams within an ARC or a contact centre / call centre please read on.
At interview you will be able to demonstrate examples of managing small teams of call handlers (between 10 +20) in an ARC/contact centre setting. You will be a confident communicator and leader who is people focused but with the drive and desire to be pragmatic and get things done.
You will be experienced in staff appraisals and performance management, along with RTWs, scheduling shifts, and communicating KPIs. You will also have an interest in using data to drive decisions and using technology to drive improved processes.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of ARCs and/or security industry
- Facilities Management or property services industry experience
- An understanding of Housing Associations and the services they provide.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensure your shift team follow all written client instructions correctly
- Achieve all key performance indicators within the company quality model for you and your team
- Direct your shift team efficiently and effectively
- Log all calls taken and made on the appropriate software.
- Report any work-related issues.
- Attend and set up training courses or sessions when required
- Report skill gaps to the trainer and assist in the design of training plans and training where needed
- Ensure all health and safety and company policies are adhered to including fire evacuations
- Ensure BS standards are achieved for BS14001, BS9001, BS5979, BS8484, NS8584, IS027001
- Ensure outstanding jobs are all up to date and clear at the end of the shift
Key Search Terms: (Contact centre or call centre or contact center or call center or alarm receiving) AND manager
Palmer McCarthy is a specialist recruiter to the Security, Facilities and Property Management sectors and acts as an agency on behalf of their client re this vacancy
If you have previously spoken to one of the Palmer McCarthy team, please feel free to contact us directly rather than applying again.