Operations Manager (Vacant Property)
Our client is a market leader in the provision of empty property management and protection, property inspection, cleaning, security, facilities management, lone worker protection and infection control to clients nationally across the public and private sectors.
They are now seeking a Operations Manager to lead and manage all operations for a local branch and to be fully responsible for the quality of service to all customers and staff whilst ensuring financial growth. This will involve ensuring that the branch is meeting the defined and set targets, working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Reporting to the Operations Director and taking managerial responsibility for all direct and indirect operational staff within the Branch and surrounding satellite depots.
This role will suit a financially astute operational professional with a strong commercial leaning as the ability to understand a P+L (you should know what EBITDA is) and the confidence to help in sales pitches is crucial. Understanding the make up of a P+L is crucial as is the ability to create financial forecasts based on run rates and costs
What are they offering?
- Competitive salary to £46K + 6K car allowance + annual bonus (OTE £60K a possibility in YR1)
- Competitive holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays included
- Pension, Life assurance, Private Healthcare
- Realistic and extensive career opportunities- this is a company where people are developed and stay
- Supportive senior management team and peer group (you will spend the first few weeks shadowing a Branch Manager in another location)
What are they asking for?
If you are a commercially orientated operations/sales professional who understands the importance of quality operational delivery to client retention and growth, please read on. You will have previously worked in a B2B service type industry e.g. recruitment, security, facilities management, logistics, landscaping, pest control or mobile response and will not be phased by managing a team of circa 50 with 6 direct reports. You will understand the challenges of managing roving 2 man teams or similar and experience of putting in place efficiencies around the scheduling of teams (or looking at items such as fuellling costs etc) or any experience of manning a similar operation would be useful.
You are a people manager who understands and will take ownership of a P+L. You will be confident in your dealing with clients (including site visits) and work well with the sales team. Your field team will consist o Previous successful candidates have come frome Facilities Management, Contract Cleaning, and similar vacant property protection backgrounds. You may even have owned your own company in the past.
You are able to understand contract terms and conditions whilst understanding understand budgets and know how to deliver EBITDA in line with company targets. From the below you will see that no 2 days are likely to be the same so you will need to be a flexible hands on leader.
You must have a full driving licence - (no drink or drug driving charges within 11 years)
- To ensure labour efficiencies are in line with the company incentive scheme and task points
- To ensure that the all branch staff have received adequate training
- To familiarise yourself with all current policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Disciplinary procedures, Grievance procedures, Performance Management, Absence Management and Recruitment Procedures
Health & Safety
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety and security
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and completed on each individual site.
Making sure safety precautions are followed by all staff
Management of Staff & Targets
- set and ensure targets are met, by coaching, leading and motivating your staff towards KPI's.
- Generate business initiatives to heighten local awareness
- Assessing job priorities and assigning staff to sites to ensure SLA's are met
- Train new members of staff and helping them as they learn new tasks.
- Give clear directions to team re what needs to be done to avoid repetitive mistakes by the staff to ensure all staff follows Company rules
- To ensure daily workload is allocated and completed in the most efficient manner.
Management of Stock
- To maintain adequate stock levels, supplies and inventories
- To work with the Purchasing Manager and liaise with and negotiate with suppliers
- Management of costs for the branch
- Maintaining the standard and quality of stock and materials.
- Ensure staff have tools and equipment needed for the job in order to ensure a good output.
Communication and Training
- Ensure all employees receive adequate and ongoing training.
- Ensure appropriate information and communications are cascaded to staff within the branch
- Overseeing work and making sure it runs smoothly and as per the customer specifications.
- To become fully conversant with all disciplines under your control, including Stock Control, Inspections, Property Solutions,